Sunday, May 15, 2016

True days off. for (me!) sandra, tvgp

so, when I was poet laureate for example.. I had very few, if any, true days off.  Because When I was scheduled off from ricks picks I was still quite consumed with domestic obligations; appointments i could not make otherwise and tried to pile in on my day off; and planning/writing/organizing/preparing for events, etc.

so, there was always a frustrating conflict, when someone might say, "you have today off"

I felt compelled to answer, "well, I have it off from ricks picks.. but, trust me, I am still working.."

stretches like that highly increase my awareness of, and appreciation for, what I call

TRUE days off.

and for yesterday I am most grateful.

- pouring wine in the great outdoors and indoors of tenuta winery, with delightful others.. the great music selection by rich..

who was celebrating his birthday, and added to the joyful energy..

and who honored my request for, "good to be alive, hallelujah!" by andy grammar, which is a song that pairs very well, with any white, any red, or beer sample, and especially well with champagne..

such a gorgeous day! and then a beautiful rolling green hills, vineyards galore drive over to bent creek, where Catherine/dan teeter and friends were enjoying each others company and delicious wines, and Marianne was pouring..

and I got to thank Catherine for her book recommendation...

and go on and on about the warriors and steph curry...

and listen to their stories, memories, adventures..

and! Engage with Jennifer about our mutual experience of walking barefoot over hot coals at a tony Robbins event..!   -have I met anyone else who shares this experience with me? -not to my current memory..  but, its been over 25 years for both us.. And I was ..shocked to learn she still has her T-shirt!   -picture coming soon..

and then to one of Anne Jewett's events, which is a different spiritual practice than my own, but.. I was surrounded by nothing but beautiful art, flowers, people and a thanksgiving feast of food in may..   Daughters of the goddess dot com...

in between, I visited with my sister in person, and family over the phone.

I did not plan any events. Do any laundry. Clean my car. Go to the doctors or dentist.

It was a true day off.   As recommended in the bible

"Thank you Jesus!"  -for everything, and everyone..  Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home