Thursday, May 19, 2016

make that 4 things.. suggests (me!) sandra, tvgp

from a talk I gave at Pleasanton Middle School..  I recommended each student have three things before heading to high school

1.  a lucky number

2. a favorite quote

3. your word..  that one word that captures your essence


we know mine:  213, /which you can I spy in the picture here today;  "BE the change you wish to see in the world" & "you cant use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have.."    /same can be said of love; yes..    and, VERVE.   /but if Russell crowe is anywhere in earshot, let's make that verve~vacious.

k,

but you know what else you should have:  a bible passage. I'm not using the word favorite here; or most beautiful..      but more like,  -the passage that you most deeply spiritually connect with, and/or that is divinely inspired..

mine is Isaiah 54.   it is not my favorite.  it is not the most beautiful, to me..   it is not the most important..   but it has been   -gifted to me.   and I re-read it with some regularity

it is also one of those passages I "happened" across, when randomly opening the bible, closing my eyes, and pointing a finger...     and, look here, Isiah 54:  12-13...   




and my personal interest is much more in the new testament, but this is my passage.   "Thank You!" Jesus and Isaiah...      "... think I finally found my hallelujah!....."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home