Thursday, November 05, 2015

Artist BIO in progress.. as edited by (me!) sandra, tvgp

My name is Julie Koopmann.
AKA JuJu Koop.

Welcome to MY ART world. 

After facing my own mortality in 2013 and surviving multiple heart surgeries, I decided it was time to make some changes and seek deeper meaning for my existence.

I left my managerial position, sold my expensive car, and proactively let go of a variety of things which promised, but did not deliver, true happiness.

The result of my decisions can be seen here, on my website.

The artist, long dormant in me, awoke.  And with a new creative energy and multiple sources of inspiration, I began:

Sculpting forms and figures with uninterrupted single strings of wire.  Twisting and turning until unique characters evolved, each with their own identifiable personality and style. My heroes.  Some super, some emotional, some lost.  Their wardrobes designed by creative application of dried acrylic paint. 

I enjoy hearing where my heroes land. They seem to gain power and meaning in their new environments, often exceeding what I viewed as their potential when I created them in my studio.

In addition to sculpting with wire, I also began to work with clay.

My initial contact with clay did not feel new or foreign, but rather old and familiar, like a long lost friend.  Magically, I sculpted two busts of father figures I loved who had passed away. Both are in homes now, of loved ones, who tell me they help fill a void and inspire fond memories.

I love working with clay because in its wet state it is malleable; but after the fire it is rock solid and long-living.

You will see here, I have a big heart for elephants. I recently adopted two orphaned elephants, (names/website) and they directly inspire many of my sculptures and necklace jewelry line.

Thank you for taking some time to look around MY ART world. My hope is that you will see something that appeals to you.  I believe art incapsulates time between artist and enthusiast, and it is that mysterious connection that both captivates and motivates me as an artist.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My eyes are full of tears for love and gratitude for you. You eloquently organized and expressed my feelings and vision for the site plus adding more than I could have written about mysel. "My passion for elephants" You are so wonderful Sandra. Thank you for being my friend.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Julie Koopmann said...

IT"S PERFECT Sandra, sharing your smile. I have tears of joy in my eyes and gratitude in my heart! You are spot on with taking my original text and giving it more of an organized flow. . By adding my adopted orphans from DSWT you give relevance and honor to my work today in helping save Elephants. Right on! Your admirer and friend, Thank you Juju Koop.

This maybe my second attempt to Thank you. I'm not sure if the first went through on my mobile, but if it does I am happy to repeat my Gratitude!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home