Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Treasure divers by (me!) sandra, tvgp

...for memories otherwise lost in the cerebral ocean...  

conversations are surfacing from decades ago..  are they real? where have they been? what happens if they remain buried?
do memories shared and released open new storage space in the treasure chests that are our minds? do memories repeated dig ditches? i want to get to the bottom of this..  memory treasure chest:

he listened a lot to talk radio, keith did..  and several of our conversations revolved around a topic of the day..  political or otherwise, and in most instances i recall..  he had so much knowledge; i had so much ignorance..

is there anything sexier than knowledge?  -please remember here, the man I dated because  -as the helium balloon got passed from person to person, who would suck it in, then talk funny..  he was the sober one who explained why and how this happened..

anyway..  you see the attraction: add voice, to smile, to eyes, to dancing, to "he is so frickin' knowledgeable this guy..."

and he would reveal some new area of ignorance in me, during every conversation, and I would feel caught and stupid, and behind the seens..    I would look stuff up BG

-before google..

and..  always wish I already knew that.. Or "I should have known that!".   and then, but once I gained the knowledge

-of course the topic would never come up again.

and is this memory accurate.. because I believe San Diego was in the news for being the divorce capital of California

and keith said he wouldn't let that stop him from living there..

/now I realize how it probably attracted an even larger influx of men just like keith..  -write,

but at the time, I believed marriages were already under attack and vulnerable, and why would you set yourself up for an even harder situation by taking your spouse and kids to the divorce capital...

" keith.. let me explain it this way..

let's say you own your own shoe store, k.   -and you have to relocate.  when you are looking for a place to relocate your business..

if the records show that shoe business after shoe business has failed and closed in a given city..   would you move there in hopes your shoe business would somehow beat the odds?

or might you look to where there is a track record of success...

***

and that is the one and only conversation I can remember having with keith where I didn't feel entirely ignorant and stupid..

it was a very exciting moment!   and so,

I took off all my clothes.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger SHE said...

I have the sneaky suspicion that from here on out.. all my keith related memory~posts will end up like this one.. "so, I took off all my clothes.."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home