Sunday, October 25, 2015

Clip Up, Clip Down.. learns (me!) sandra, tvgp

its one of my favorite nights to work at ricks picks; the October brew crawl.. like, my very own personal parade of slightly intoxicated people in such a variety of costumes..

and i had the great pleasure of pouring beer with Adam, of cool beer works. -from cool, California..  a city. (Or country rather..) I did not even know existed until last night..   and.. if you are curious too, 'it is 6 miles northeast of auburn'

which I can quote and recite and repeat, but there is no map in my mental files for where auburn is, so..  

anyway.. we poured cool beer's very popular 'blond diva' and their 'paranormal pale ale..    /both get a thumbs up from (me!)..

and the blond references come to no end..  "I'll take a tall blond". " I want a blond".  "Give me a blond".   Etc, etc.  and, you could see every now then.. the husband with the dark haired wife, -asking for a blond..  

this slight irritation..   and some of the brunettes felt, let's say, under  appreciated and under represented..    but when I saw first hand, just how popular..   I see now why Starbucks..  and any variety of retail centers use this marketing technique..   It gets results!

and I wanted in the worst way to have a come back line, for all these references.. something that would elevate the non-blonds..make people laugh,  but I never did.. 

" I prefer blonds'

and I said, 'we have a gentleman here...'.  -because these things get locked in the brain like nursery rhymes..  

anyway.. trust me here.. I was thinking, -if the brunettes and red heads felt under appreciated..  Please imagine us silvers.../gray, white, salt n pepper.. 

if you had two kegs and offered. 'Blond diva or gray haired lady...

but may I make that recommendation to cool beer works and Starbucks..

now, I am aware gray haired lady might not be your highest profit center..  but even the bible recognizes euphemisms..

'Crown of splendor!'.   /then we stand a higher chance..

and before I switch to clips up.. let me say, great pleasure meeting and pouring with you Adam..  a former police officer (thank you for your noble service!)..  and, in love with his girlfriend from 17 years ago...

is he going to propose?  

***

my favorite costumes.. I mean I love it all.. ! .. but the men who dressed like the hosiers basketball players with short-shorts.. Too funny!  and then the male tooth fairy in all white tank top dress, with a tiara and tennis shoes and one big tooth on the outfit.. 

sexy with a sense of humor...  you win!

***

my most delightful conversation however, was not with one of the slightly intoxicated adults in costume..

my most delightful conversation was with a radiant young girl from alisal elementary school..  and during our highly engaging conversation, she mentioned something about 'clip up..'

"What is this.. clip up? I've never heard of this before.."

and she explained, as only a 3rd grader (2nd?) with  high school communication skills can, that

"Clip up and clip down..  is where.. if you do something you are not supposed to..  clip down..   and if you are good for the day.. Clip up."

"What are they clipping..  your hair? Your skin.. 

and she went on to explain a color coded clip system which is quite similar to our national security terror threat warning system:

apparently.. Blue is at the top.. highest up your clip can go.. Stellar citizen!   and then there was yellow and orange.. don't do that again type warnings..   and..

RED! the lowest your clip can go.. the bitter end.. And! If you get clipped down to red for your unstellar behavior in the classroom,

You cannot get clipped back up!  Once in red; you stay in red..

if you get clipped from blue to yellow or orange.. You can behave your way back to blue...  But RED!  

and so I said, " here is the most important question I have for you about this fascinating color coded clip system

K.. let's say you... Well not YOU, because you stay blue..  Stay blue for me OK..  but let's say someone gets clipped to RED

How long does that last? For a week, for the year, for a day?"

and that's when I learned it only lasts for the day.  The next day.. everyone starts again from blue.   And the Christian in me loves that system.. Every single day his mercy is new..

Fresh start; try again!    -the way Joyce Meyer teaches it, you never fail a test...but you do get to take it over and over and over again, until you pass.

/I'm being tested with keith write now..   as in

write now! I am resisting the urge to see if I can remember where he lives without an address or directions..

***

I can see my keys from here..

***

but! honey... if you think I'm gonna make this easy and convenient for you..

you are as delusional as I am...

in Jesus great name...  Hallelujah~amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home