Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Alice Cooper. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

he has a hot tub, -keith does. and a pool. so he probably barely hinted at an invitation and i was already there, and with my friend and roommate lisa..

what swimsuit was i wearing; zero memory.. but we did wear them, and we hung out, and talked and drank..

keith..

he somehow talked me into getting out of the hot tub, jumping in the pool and then back in the hot tub..  -something about how wild the sensation was: from hot to cold to hot.   -felt like a dare

so I took it.

all these years later i pause here to wonder if he used this opportunity to hit on lisa.. but she never mentioned it, if he did..

anyway...  out of the hot.. walk, walk, walk..  Jump!

-like, super cold!   out of the pool, run, run, slip into the 'ahhhhhh what feels now like extra hot water.

I did it.  thought maybe I impressed keith with my willingness and follow through.   and how much longer we all sat in the hot tub talking, drinking, I don't remember, but..   for a while.

eternity.

and then we were back in his house..  and it is so pronounced to me this next experience:

i had to use the bathroom.

so, I found my way to the hallway...  to the bathroom..  and turned on the light, and passed a mirror as I started to undo my

and then I backed immediately up. looked again at myself in the mirror

and stood staring at myself frozen and mortified.

prior to arriving at Keith's house, I did what any and every 21 year old girl does who is all stupid and over crazy infatuated with an older man..  

I dressed up a little, and did my hair just so..   a touch, very light touch of perfume..  and of course i did my make-up:

foundation; lipstick; blush, eye-shadow...

and lots and lots of mascara.

had I stayed in the hot tub..  where we sat, at all times,with our head above water..  

but NNnnnnOOOOOoooooooooooooo

I had to show off for keith by jumping in the cold pool with my entire body and then got back into the hot tub.

my mascara,

"Ma-my... ma-my..  Ma-ma-ma-scare-a is not waterproof...."

I looked like Alice cooper.   no one told me.

how long did we stay in the not-so-hot-tub and I was obliviously talking and flirting with keith.   - the whole time looking like alice cooper..

eternity.

***

there is a lesson here: and it is not about wearing waterproof mascara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home