Saturday, September 05, 2015

"I love how this messes with your mind!". (Me!) sandra, tvgp

love;lust;let it go...

love;lust;let it go...

love;lust;let it go...

lust; lust; mastermind a way to own this!   "I MUST!! MAKE YOU MINE!! YOU MESS WITH MY MIND!! AND I LOVE IT!"

***
one of the first skill sets you must master at ricks picks, as an employee, is the art of immediate detachment. and I've already written about it, so will skip to:

I would in fact consider myself a master of this art form.  See it, create it, -let it go. Immediately! My emotions/my thoughts, they do not linger after I adore a home decor piece.. Or merchandise a shelf; or watch something in the store I admired walk out the door in a customers bag..

ah! but there are two exceptions..  1. last year included in one of ricks buys, we received the coolest! wind chime which is very fanciful, funky and contained my lucky number..

-when that left with a customer  -and it left with a customer we love..   I felt my heart break a little.  But my recovery time would impress you..   It certainly impressed me.

fast forward a year..   We get another one in!  and when I looked at it, my heart did a dance, and a cartwheel..   "You will not leave this store without me this time!  -not a 2nd time!".   and despite my current financial situation..  I bought it yesterday and it is in my rented room with me write now.   /smile, smile, smile...

But it only had about a $15 price.   

this current piece I'm lusting after..   And I do mean lust!  -it has a $500 price tag.

I have found that the price of a thing does heavily influence my artistic ability to immediately detach.

but I can't stop looking! Dreaming! Hoping!    and yesterday my artist/genius coworker friend, Julie..

yes! THE JULIE KOOPMAN that made contact with THE STEVE MARTIN..      -when he came by ON MY DAY OFF

Because JESUS LOVES ME..

well, anyway, .. That Julie is helping me recreate for about $50..  this $500  -awesome-mess-with-your-beautiful-mind- piece.. I can't seem to stop thinking about

***

it is not signed. I do not know who to credit; who originated?  -but what I'm looking at and lusting after is a 3 panel partition, with a metal frame,

and glass, window slash mirror designs on each panel.  The stenciled design is very lovely itself adding to the aesthetic value for sure..  and some of the shapes the design yields are similar to my itz~itz shapes..      shapes without names, which I love..

but none of that is what has me lusting..

what has me lusting is how this part window/part mirror thing messes with my mind!  You simultaneously are looking out and beyond at the very same time you are looking at and behind - seeing reflections..

the confusion is very seductive.  it demands you stop and look to figure out what the heck you are looking at.  Add on that this is a three panel object, so it bends at each hinge and is multidirectional. -it is reflecting objects from so many different angles! And allowing a window view to different areas..   Not just straight ahead.  Its part kaleidoscope.. Part..  I don't know what!

but..  If I could get away with it..  And if it wasn't so heavy..  I would spend hours just moving it from place to place to place because of how much it amplifies its environment, and because I'm so curious what it would like over there... Next to that...  Or over there, in front of that...  

and it has taken over my mind!  Like, I was looking at our sliding glass doors that open from the house to backyard..

"How awesome would that be!".  Part window/part mirror designs..

" everywhere there is a window I want this!"

---

and so julie, being the artistic genius she is...  Help me put on hold two glass frames..  On clearance! Under $20 with my employee discount..  And I'll just need to get some mirror paint stuff..  And watch some how to videos...

and then watch out..   Because I don't think I can stop at just one or two windows..

You've heard the saying, "paint the town.."

  I will bring new meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home