Thursday, September 03, 2015

most animated guest chef award goes to (massimo bottura!) from (me!) sandra, tvgp

don't miss this:  famous, award-winning skinny Italian chef, Massimo bottura being interviewed by my charlie rose.

watch those hands!   the same way I know I must be part Irish because I like beer and write poetry..    the same way I know I must be part black for how I long to be responsive in church and talk during movies, -the same way I know I must be part elderly Asian for my mismatched outfits, and part native Indian for my spiritual dances and chants.. -the same way I know I must be part man for not carrying a purse..

is the same way I know I must be part Italian..  because I talk so much with my hands.. 

but Massimo!   -he wins.   You really should just mute the interview and exclusively observe..   

of course this triggers my elementary school memory:   I'm in the principals office for something; can't remember why.

what I do remember is talking for a while and then the principal goes, "sandy, do me a favor..  sit on your hands"

And so I did.   I sat on my hands, but then when I went to talk some more..  I started stuttering.. 

I REALLY NEEDED my hands to talk.. and I sure get the feeling that's true for a lot of people..   and I cant help but wonder..

if during this very ambidextrously~animated interview, -if my charlie were to stop Massimo mid-sentence, and ask him to sit on his hands..

what would happen?

***

so, then stuttering became a problem..  and when I was in Jr college, the counselor recommended I put a rubberband  on my hand.  Everytime I stuttered I was supposed to snap the rubberband which would cause a sting and I guess that was supposed to decrease my stuttering

but when I snapped the rubber band, I looked at my counselor and was like..   'I ka, ka, ka, kinda la,la, like that..'

and so, the short version of the story is that things kept getting way worse before they got even a little bit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home