Monday, September 28, 2015

Direct & immediate inspiration for (me!) sandra, tvgp

library/cultural tours/museum tours; all overwhelming. all too fast.. -there is no way to take it all in; appreciate each item, each piece, as it deserves..  I feel like I get overexposed and retain nothing in the end.  -but this piece stopped me in my tracks.  Not for noble reasons, like appreciating the art piece and artist

but because I positively love how the books were incorporated into the sculpture. And I knew within 1 second, I will be doing more art pieces using books.  And at least a dozen very clear visions of book art did a slideshow in my imagination..

what is it about books?   and I do mean literally books. -not what is written inside; not the literary content

But the collection of paper pages, the covers, soft or hard.  The object.

Just to be surrounded by books, if you never open one..

I would not be exaggerating to say,  -internally

to stand near a waterfall outdoors
and to stand near floor to ceiling books indoors

creates a very similar type of awe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home