Saturday, August 15, 2015

??? excuse me. repeat please. asks (me!) sandra, tvgp

the very moment time and circumstances allow, I will return to my charlie rose's program where there are a few people discussing the recent google/alphabet..   development.

in it, the woman with dark brown hair said something like,

paraphrasing: "... and search is a thing of the past.. -having to type in a word in a little box..   -thats gone.."

obviously not verbatim..  But!  -the search bar..  a thing of the past?!?!        -imagine briefly wikipedia without a search bar..  dictionary.com without a search bar...

-so, maybe they are already working on verbal search...!

but to date, at least, the search bar is one of THE single most greatest things to happen on the internet..

and I am still fascinated with the fact that once pleasanton patch changed platforms..  no more search bar.

You must go to google to search the archives of pleasanton patch. -access path usurped..

its not so much about having the information..   but who has immediate access to the information...

and I never think on these things without seeing analogies to our human brains; and the pathways to our memories, stories, experiences...  hyperlinks; search; keywords/key images..triggers.. memories gone vs. Just hard to find due to large quantity...

... search bar a thing of the past...?....  I need to go make sure I heard her correctly...

***
I double-checked because it nagged at me.. and yes.. I used the word usurped incorrectly..  I don't believe google took the search bar feature from pleasanton patch by force or illegally..

but I'm struggling for the vocabulary.   -but let's say, tomorrow I went to dictionary.com to look up the definition of a word..  but there was no longer a search bar..

I can still look up words..  just not from their website..

I have to go to google and type dictionary.com and then the word I want to look up.    its like a cyber-bypass-surgery of sorts...

that's it!   cyber-bypath-surgery...

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger SHE said...

-this has nothing at all to do with this post..

i only wish to document i had a very pleasant, very vivid dream last night in which I spent time with Michael Jackson. -not the king of pop,..

my first love. and I have not dreamed of him since.. 2005 or 2006... but it served as a premonition at the time..

.so.. I wonder.. if something from this vivid dream will manifest in the real world also..

we shall see...

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger SHE said...

it is further worth noting.. that when I revisit this and the other recent dream.. is it the same person? they look very much alike.. who i projected to be Jesus in the last dream, and Michael in this one. kind and very handsome... long dark hair.. dark eyes...

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger SHE said...

it was 2008! ...how do I know..

search bar! -so I guess these comments are relevant to this post after all..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home