Monday, February 09, 2015

How do you behave when you dont get your way? (Me!) Sandra, tvgp

Today I want to thank Joyce Meyer for bringing this question to my attention; making me conscious of..  my own behavior when I don't get my way; and an observer of others as they encounter the same..

how do you behave when you don't get your way?

I think the most important thing is to first just be aware in the actual moment when you are in a situation where you are up against not getting your way

because if you can be aware..  you can take a breath and not respond impulsively; in an immediate reaction kind of way

...unless your impulse and immediate reaction is loving, kind and patient

But in my experience and observations this does not come up first or naturally; it requires consciousness and training..

so you first become aware; then you take a breath; then you pray for wisdom

and if you approach with love, kindness and respect.. 

***

and sometimes the result of having a respectful approach opens a door that was otherwise shut; -sometimes it still doesn't open that door..

when respect STILL doesnt open the door.. how do you behave?

I like the saying "do not cut what you can untie."

-because sometimes people, unaware and untrained, people who are impulsive; reactionary

bully their way through..  use physical intimidation; anger; threats etc. when they don't get theit way..

terminate relationships unnecessarily

"My way now or nothing...  My way write now or else!"

without much or any consideration for why they are not getting their way..

and what I've observed is that sometimes that is literally the only tool people have in their tool box

the bully tool.  intimidation/threats..

here's something I know for sure Oprah:

for everyone:

there WILL be many occasions in life you won't get your way.
-sometimes they are justifiable
-sometimes they are not

-there are times you should be persistent (with love and respect)
-and there are times you should accept that you are not going to get your way; but you can/should remain respectful

-for Christians this is a spiritual test..

and another thing Im grateful Joyce Meyer teaches is that

You never fail. But You get to take the test over and over and over; until you pass..

"Thank you Jesus! Thank you Joyce!".   Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home