Sunday, February 08, 2015

"What is my definition of God?" (Me!) Sandra, tvgp

"Oprah.. I love this question too!".  I've written many times,  accumulating my definition. Let me see if I can bullet point.

God IS love.   Love IS God.

-one in the same.   God is omnipresent; as love is omnipresent.

as I wrote about recently..  You cannot open a map and point to love; you cannot talk to love on the phone; or put a picture of love in your wallet.  You can put an icon of; but not love itself; only a representation..  Love IS.   (Same as 'I AM).   Love is everywhere without beginning or end. Omnipresent and eternal.

we KNOW whether or not we are loved via an internal interpretation; of a 'feeling'.  /for lack of vocabulary.

I believe we are made from love, with love and our purpose is to  love and be loved.   Nothing
and no one
would exist without love;
could exist without love;
should exist without love.

my greatest insight into understanding the omnipresence of God; of love,  came during a prayerful walk

I was invited to describe my own 'I AM's

So,  I am Sandra, I am a sister, I am a daughter, I am a mom, I am an aunt... I am creative, I am an employee...  (Long list)

and God said, "I AM.

I am God. I am Love
I am you. I am that tree.  I am the air you breathe. I am space. I am time (infinite list).

so, the same way love just.. Is.   And we experience love through people; it is an interpretation of an internal experience we both give and receive through relationships with others..

But we KNOW it..  That is, I KNOW who I love..  I KNOW when I feel loved by another..   It is a KNOWING. (Vs. Guess, belief)

The ability to recognize, interpret, KNOW,  -experience LOVE

The omnipresent Life giving; life validating, life affirming, and healing power of LOVE.  <------------   that then is my definition of God.

God is spirit; not flesh or material.. As love and peace and joy are spirits; not things.  Experiences; intangible.

this leads to Jesus..  but even if we  -for the sake of inclusion-   remove Jesus and Christianity and remain secular

Everyone KNOWS about LOVE;   -write.

There IS such a thing as LOVE.
There IS such a thing as TRUTH.

so,   -there IS such a thing as True Love.

God.

Happy valentines and amen!

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger SHE said...

I really need to work on my elevator pitch...

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger SHE said...

Or discuss these things in very, very, high rise buildings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home