Sunday, November 16, 2014

ASK this question.. For (me!) Sandra, tvgp

And so I have admitted before.. That not until I was an adult.. And not until after much bible reading and many sundays in church

-as a pretty good listener I must add..

I mean I would describe myself as a better than average reader and better than average listener..

And still, I had no idea until I was directly told, that the gospels;

Matthew, mark, Luke and john

Are each eyewitness testimonies to a period in Jesus life on earth

Each told from their personal perspective.  So.. You can read some similarities and some unique perspectives..

This tripled my interest in reading.. In comparing and contrasting their individual testimonies/stories/MEMORIES..

And recently I checked in with my son and nephew..  Both attending church on a semi-regular basis; both in youth groups.. 

"Did you know matthew, mark, Luke and john..

The gospels..  Did you know they are each sharing their own memories about seeing Jesus..  Sometimes seeing the same thing but from different perspectives.."

And neither one of them knew that until I told them directly.

-this is the way the gospels should be introduced and taught:

Compare and contrast.

In Jesus name, -amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home