Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Every Morsel. A poem for My Robin Williams.. By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I woke to this vision: my robin Williams.. He was in costume as Popeye. He winked at me, and in Popeye's signature voice he said, "that's all I can stands; and I can't stands no more!".    ...he gave and gave and gave and gave.. Didn't he. The man deserves some rest..

-his, are the only movies I ever tried to make a collection out of..  " the range!".   The Fisher King.. I personally consider a masterpiece..  One of my favorite movies of all time. Followed by a loooooong list of greats..  You know the list.  I admit there were 5 or 6 too dark for me to watch..  But! Most awesome interview:  James Lipton interviewing robin Williams on Inside the actors studio.  -where others could get only a piece.. James Lipton unleashed his essence.   Oh! I could go on and on..   I will in my mind and in my heart.. But to keep my long, deep feelings short; I offer a poem.

***

Another artist I hoped to meet

I hoped to meet "one day!"

Another artist gone from earth
Before I got to say:

"Thank you!" For the way you gave

The songs you sang
The lives you saved

"Thank you!" For the laughs, the smiles
Your inner child
That set adults on fire

Oh! Do I admire!

My gratitude
It searched for you
With a desire very forceful

       I wanted to say this IN PERSON!

That your artistic voice
Left me no choice
But to gobble every morsel

I wanted to meet you in PERSON!

What dreams may come
My dreams they're gone

Awakening; still searchin'

To thank you up close and in person.

***

What a legacy! Robin Williams!  I love and thank you! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home