Monday, August 11, 2014

The dragonfly drone. By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Now you know how I like to watch interviews with scientists and c.I.a. officials.. And filmmakers..  And politicians.. And artists...and..

So it was no great big leap of the imagination for me to respond as I did:

Customer said, "there's a big dragonfly in the store.."

"That's no dragonfly," I said with a smile, "its a drone"

/like, doesn't anyone else read about nanotechnology?   ..all you have to do is sprinkle a little nanotechnology in with miniature flying remote robots, add in all knowledge from spy gear from past and present wars..  Watch a couple sci-fi flicks.. Let bake at 365.  Pull out in 2014:

Yields drones so sophisticated they blend in with the natural landscape; bees buzzing, hummingbirds flying...

Dragonflies shopping.

"I would have never thought that," the lady customer said back.  And write about that time, the dragonfly hit the wall near the front door a couple times in a row.

I go, "he's not steering it very well though..."

She goes, "do you really think it could be a drone? That small?"

I know all about secret audio-recording too, so I made sure to say out loud.. "Little to the left"  to help the controller get his drone out the front door.  "Too far.. Too far!" -because then it was banging itself against the wall on the other side of the door.

Next thing you know, the dragonfly backed way up, hovered in the air a second, became centered in front of the open door

Then flew straight out with great speed and perfection.

"Good steering!" I said with a smile.

And the lady customer who had also been watching the whole scene unfold, she looked directly at me with an expression that revealed she was not quite sure whether she should take me serious or not.

And I thought to myself, -that's okay. -because I'm not sure whether to take myself seriously or not either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home