Thursday, June 19, 2014

Talking out loud again (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Whens I saw these... I walked up to them.. I admired them. I stared, touched, moved, rearranged, experimented..  I said out loud, as if they could hear me.."you are my favorite in the store write now." And silently I wished I had the budget, -the space.  I mean.. Look at the charm factor! Off the charts..  The color, the shapes, but most importantly; the tilt!  I fell in love.. 

So did Susan..  One of our customers looking to fill shelves on a bakers rack style piece of furniture in her backyard..

Those vases did not last even ten minutes, it seems, inside ricks picks before they found a home.

And the truth is.. I'm delighted to see them go; to know they'll be enjoyed.  They are just fantastic to look at!  To glance.. To pass by.. To notice and regard..

Excellent return on investment I'd say.

And she asked me, Susan, what would look good next to them..

And I do know; intuitively.  I can see it; know it when I see it

But I'd be hard-pressed to explain..

What I know.. Is that when you put these vases which have a very certain color scheme, shape, texture, style..

When you set them next to the natural wood looking candle holder:

"Spectacular!  Gorgeous! Very complimentary!"

And when you set them next to the black metal candle holder:

"Yuck"

Even though by itself, its a perfectly lovely piece.

Things just land on my eye a certain way... This is true for artists, merchandisers in general..

Its like its own language..  You can know write away who else speaks it; understands..

And similarly; you can write away spot people who dont.

Add this on to my perpetual growing list of things that fascinate me about human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home