Tuesday, June 17, 2014

GREATEST ROMANCE for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

First -notes for my neuroscientist friend:  1. Woke up thinking about... 2. Recent posts re: sex.   3. The crazy guy/cinema paradiso  4. Seeing the cover of one hundred years of solitude..  5. The appearance of rob reiner/his father on tavis smiley.. And the conversation re: bucket list and his new movie.   Mix it all together and what do you get?

A post about my greatest romance.  This award goes to Giovanni.  Every once in a while he will come up in conversation and my sister enjoys the retelling of the story too..  Because, A.  -she loves the line I threw out that started the whole thing. And B.  -he took us both out to dinner.  -a very expensive, only the best! Dinner

My back story factors in big time:  I was in my 20's. I had at last! finally ended an on again/off again relationship, so I was legally, legitimately and most importantly, psychologically and conscience~ly SINGLE.  And! I had earned my college degree.  So all the weight of studies, worries, will I/won't I, tests, etc. Was officially removed. I was SINGLE and FREE.   Liberated... Light on my feet with a carefree heart.   I've come to believe you can't even engage in a wonderful romance unless you are...

At least that's true for (me!).   I can't enjoy the tainted kind.. Sneaky, ugly..

Anyway.. Single, free and in Vegas (like, of course).  "Thank you Mom!" With my best friend/sister.

If we gambled with money, I barely remember it.  What I remember. What we both remember; my sister and I, -is hitting the night club.

"Dancing!"

So there we are, all dressed up pretty with a little alcohol and a lot of energy and the music is just write.

I lose the virtue of patience when the music is just write. If no one asks me to dance quick enough.. I'll do the asking.  So I scanned the club for a potential dance partner...  And then went and stood next to him and his cute little wiggle, and then I leaned in and whispered in his ear. I said,

"Would you like to take those moves out on the dance floor?"

And yes he did!

***

To be continued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home