Thursday, January 16, 2014

LIFE'S NOT FAIR but! GOD IS GOOD by (Robert H. Schuller!)

On a recent drive to or from somewhere my handsome prince said, "life's not fair.". /and may I be so honest as to tell you I can't remember what it was in regards to..   Anyway, I said, "I caught on to that truth at a very young age".  And there were two things I thought to myself that I didn't say out loud..  That's what blogs are for, -write.  So here they are:  1.   -you are almost 50 years old dear handsome prince.. Are you just now figuring this out?  And 2.  -do not search for fair; you'll come up empty.  Search for God, and you'll be filled.    Now..  I'm rereading a book I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend:  Life's not fair but God IS Good by Robert H. Schuller (of hour of power.. Crystal cathedral).  He discusses the topic better than I ever will..  And its interesting to me because in one part he shares how he snuck bibles into Russia..  And try though I may and continue to do.. I have never read any part of the bible and thought.. This is amazing.. So amazing I want to share it with everyone! And sneak it to people..   -although every spiritual leader I consider a personal teacher/mentor of mine connects with the bible in this way.   When I read it..  I think...  I need 12 consultants.  But!  When I read this book..  I connect clearly, quickly, immediately and deeply.. And I would love to sneak this book into classrooms and backpacks and coffeehouses everywhere.    What are you watching? Reading? Thinking about.. Write now?  You choose (via free will).. And if it is serving you, growing you.. Keep choosing that.  If it is not.. Unchoose it and choose something else.  -that is exactly how I ended back up with my Robert schuller book..  I found myself listening /reading about things that fed insecurities and watered distrust..  I said to myself..  Honest to God..  I need to feed my self worth and water trust, love, and faith seeds... So I pro actively stopped listening/watching/reading (giving any air time) to that which I knew was having a negative impact.. And searched out that which I know will encourage and spiritually nourish (me!).   -I remain highly selective about what programs, books, articles, websites, people, places I invest time in.  What's invested in you?  In Jesus name..   Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home