Tuesday, January 14, 2014

These are my people.. By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

For reasons of both time restrictions and high gratification from the blogosphere..  I have not attended local writer groups or participated in readings for several years really.. I was once so active. But! My current position as poet laureate has me back out there, so to speak..  And what a gift this is turning out to be.  Last night I attended "me & my friends" at the pleasanton library.  My favorite thing about it was the variety! Not exclusive to poetry, but prose of different genres and music too..  Missed out on seeing my literary friends.. Alice, Fred, Marilyn..  But heard some of their work read.. And met some wonderful people!  The hostess/author, Jordan.. Recently published.  And.. Juliana, who told me she started her blog after taking one of my blogging classes a number of years ago.. Was such a treat to hear.  And bill, whose wife, now deceased, was a writer .. And even though he himself doesn't write or participate behind the microphone,  In honor and memory of his wife..  He continues to attend and ...listen... And be a part of this wonderful community.   -sometimes, without realizing my heart longs to hear something caring and good and beautiful,  I'll hear it..   Like in my conversation with bill.. And just think "thank you.. For being you and sharing that with me...".  -same with another beautiful woman who read from her memoirs.. And explained she had recently been told by the doctor that because of a heart condition she "cannot do anything.". No stress, nothing that will excite, or over stimulate.. No lifting anything, no running.. A long list of don't do's.   -and yet there she was.. With a radiant spirit.. A beautiful reading presence and voice.. Making us smile and laugh with her stories and sense of humor..  And kay speaks with her wonderful painting inspired poetry... And there were several others. The turn out is very good.. I can't recapture them all.. But in my mind, and from my heart I am filled with gratitude..  Grateful for the exposure to these diversely talented, entertaining, welcoming and kind people.   2nd Monday of each month (save June) 6pm. Pleasanton library.   -God shines there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home