Monday, January 20, 2014

KISSIN' THE CHOCOLATE BLUES by (me!) Starring (faith alpher!)

Tomorrow is our 1st rehearsal..  I admit to some nervousness.. And in prayer I found myself thinking, -you gotta have faith.  And then like, that's so funny because "I do! I do have FAITH".  God has such a sense of humor...    Now:  strange prayer but true..  Sometimes I ask God to boil things..   What this accomplishes is that everything (analogously of course) goes in a big pot and the heat gets turned up.  Things that need looked at bubble to the service.. And are often removed..  One by one...  Otherwise its too overwhelming.  Then.. What remains..  The essence.  Good and pure and tested. This remains and can be served.   To some extent I have to trust the process..  I started Kissin' with a much larger vision for the theatrics..  As time has passed, it has been boiled down to just me, faith & Jessica.  This was not my choice, but rather by circumstance..   Some of my earlier choices opted out or had schedule conflicts..   So in prayer I have said two things: 1. "Thank you Jesus for Faith Alpher! I can't wait for people to witness her portraying Dr Maya Angelou.. Thank you for Jessica! I can't wait for people to hear her sing "suddenly I see". Thank you for Julie, Andrea, mark.. The  Firehouse..    2. Please remind me never to take on an event like this again.   In your name Jesus...  Amen. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home