Tuesday, November 12, 2013

UNTIL DAVE MEYER! By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Squidmann's blog today reminded me why and how it is that I connected with him immediately.. He is like family. He is my dad; my brother; my male cousins, uncles, etc. His sense of humor was immediately familiar, because it is write on par with my dad and brother.. And the way he writes about females.. Write on par with my dad and brother. Just last night my dad talked about visiting his -wife- in Santa Monica.. How he would spend his time staring at the women on the beach.. I said, "well that's the dad I know and love". I don't think in the past several decades we've ever had a conversation which didn't include at least one comment.. About "pretty girls" or "naked girls" -it comes as naturally to him as preaching the gospel does to Joyce Meyer. One of his most prized possessions in his man cave is the "hooters" plaque, autographed by the waitresses. His wife can be watching tv with him, and he very openly will comment, lustfully, about the women he is seeing. I have not once in my life, in the company of my brother or dad, ever had to guess whether they found a woman attractive. They vocalize everything. That's why.. It plays in my mind, over and over... When Joyce Meyer said, after a conversation with a woman friend.. She said to her husband Dave, "isn't she pretty." -or something like that.. And she said, Dave said, "I don't notice other women. You're my girl.". And.. The world stopped on its tilted axis. I played it back, and back, and back again.."that man is straight from heaven!". .. Is it possible... Dear Jesus... Is it possible?! That, that, there is more than just one Dave Meyer in the world? Dear Jesus... Jesus! Please! Surround me with the Dave Meyers of this world! I need some more exposure to this type of man... To even know they exist! Men who respect women, who respect their wives, who respect their daughters, who respect their female co-workers.. And now, obviously I've learned to accept my dad and brother and SQUIDMANN and several other male creatures for who they are.. And they have accepted me, with my series of shortcomings and whatnot.. But ever since that day.. I made a personal vow to not settle for less than a Dave Meyer type man. HP knows this... And I've written it before and will write it again.. Do I believe Dave Meyer really doesn't notice other women? What I believe is this: Dave Meyer respects God, and respects his wife! He loves God, and loves his wife! And out of that love and respect, he has disciplined himself to also be, in word, and action, and thought.. A respectful and loving husband. Sometimes I change the lyrics to John Lennons song, -imagine... To at least imagine.. More Dave Meyers in the world. My dad, my brother, SQUIDMANN.. They like to imagine more naked women.. We all have our dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home