Monday, November 11, 2013

THE HUMMINGBIRD STORY (again!) by (me!) sandra, tvgp #hummingbird #pleasanton @writeousmom

ORIGINAL POST: 01/11/2009
must see movie recommendations:

seven pounds (and the less you know going in, the more pleasurable/fascinating the unfolding)

the curious case of benjamin button. -remarkable/extraordinary-

and which has retriggered my hummingbird story, because, not giving anything away really to share there are two scenes in which a hummingbird is incorporated into the narrative

and i can kind of hear my kids in the back of my mind write now, -not the hummingbird story again-

but i can't resist. goes like this: and it's a true story from september 2005:

i was sitting in the backyard (of my former home) meditating, dreaming, enjoying nature and in the distance i believe i saw a hummingbird visiting the flowers

what was REALLY STRANGE.. is that out of my mouth, the words came, "i wonder what it's like when a hummingbird dies"

and the reason it was SO STRANGE is because the words did not come from me, but through me.

and i remember sitting there a bit, thinking -what on earth would make me say or think such a thing? how odd

and life went on in typical fashion and i didn't think much about it again UNTIL..


until.. the next day, or very close anyway.. we are walking the kids to school and near one of the corners along the way.. here comes, you don't have to guess what:

a hummingbird. a hummingbird flying very low and slow.. hovering all around us.. and john cupped his hands and it looked as if the hummingbird might land and rest there, but it didn't

after its hover visit, it flew slowly over toward the brick chimney of a house and died.

and as you can imagine i stood there in shock for a bit.. trying to tell everyone the words that had come out of my mouth -through me- not from me, in the backyard just recently

WILD! and i tripped off that for a long time -as you can tell, i still do.

i've visited the possibilities from many angles.. a premonition? coincidence? connection? visit? knowing spirit within? selective attention? -and thought lots about time. past/present/future. whether things really happen in a linear fashion vs. all at once vs...
til my brain hurts.

and after seeing the curious case of benjamin button -and the hummingbird scene

i wondered the significance.. who wrote it? what message these scenes are meant to convey

and in talking to my friend and neighbor about it.. about hummingbirds, one of the things i said was -hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards-

i think that's true anyway.

so then it all made perfect sense.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger SHE said...

and now see

the more i learn, the more interesting/layered it all becomes

f. scott fitzgerald... hemingway..

and oh! now the scenes with the moveable feast mean more..

thanks wikipedia

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

you're writing about hummingbirds and right now, I'm in the kitchen boiling sugar water for them--ironic! Little hummers--I love watching them hover--and when I go out to fetch their feeder to give it refill, they zoom right over my head! I, too, wrote a blog about the ones in our backyard, fortunately, they havaen't flown into any brick walls yet!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger SHE said...

cfl: -how beautiful/thoughtful/wonderful is that..

boiling the hummingbirds some sugar water

they attract us/we attract them

fascinating creatures to watch aren't they

"to birds, flowers.. and sugar water!" love, ~s.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger SANDRA HARRISON KAY said...

the place I landed, during all my contemplating on this: was that, this experience communicated to me

allowed me to know

that the future is knowable. -but then ive wondered since landing there..

how far into the future is knowable?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home