Saturday, August 04, 2012

I AM A WOMAN OF MY WORD (me!) Sandra, tvgp

"are you really going to eat this pasta if I put it in the refrigerator? or is it going to end up getting thrown away?" I'll have you know, I just had another bowl. It is delicious. "thank you" I'll finish the rest tomorrow. And.. By the way: I found the chocolate pudding cup which appeared hidden toward the back of the refrigerator on the second shelf. Below the cheese/lunch meat drawer, and behind the uncovered, bowl of molding cherries. I have a knows for these kinds of things... do not expect to find it still there when you return. I consider it a gift. /this post is a test from the nonemergency broadcast system. Let's see if handsome prince is reading... *** I have no desire to write about the drunk, obnoxious people I shuttle drive to and from wedding venues in the tri valley. But I do have a co-worker friend, Roger, "the shuttle van man" who is working on a book titled, the shuttle van diaries, or something like that.. And I will offer to contribute some of my experiences to his book. There is a lot of drama, which some people might find entertaining. I do however hope one day to find a filmmaker who can put on film some of the visions/imaginations I experience.. One scene being me.. Looking directly in the camera.. I say, well, nothing at first.. I just let you watch a dozen women get in the van. Gorgeous, sexy women with skirts up to there, and tops down to here. All dressed up for a wedding... Well, dressed up doesn't sound write... Undressed seems more fitting. Okay... And they have their high heels.. Hair, nails, etc. Then I pick up the next shuttle group... All men. They are equally gorgeous.. Only, they are dressed in suits and tuxes, which means their flesh is covered neck to ankle. Their chests aren't showing, their legs aren't showing, not even their arms are showing. Only thing you see on the men is hands, neck, face. K, Then I look in the camera, and ask the audience.. (primarily my sister females). "HOW!?". HOW DID WE GET OURSELVES IN THIS TRAP?!" Then I blink... And we see the same scenes, only when the women start filling the shuttle they are wearing suits, good looking suits, but they are now covered neck to ankle with only their hands, necks and faces showing. And when I pick up the next shuttle full of men.. As they start walking up the steps past me... They have low cut, sleeveless silk shirts, kilts (sp?) up to there... Of course I always reach out my hand to help them up the stairs and they always.. You know, need my help.. and then i look directly in the camera again, and say, "Now that's more like it!" And we reverse the flesh to fabric skin ratio currently in existence in our culture. And let me tell you this without even needing to live out the actual social experiment, although I believe God would bless anyone who actually dares to do this experiment.. If we reversed this one cultural habit... Many other other wonderful! Reversals of fortune would follow... Write now, I believe the only way you could even ever get to see such a thing would be if a filmmaker created it with a cast of actors... But I long for you to really see it... See what I see in my imagination.. And this makes me also grateful for film as a vehicle, a canvas, for revealing culture for what it is: man made. Emphasis on man. *** I will share this... Now whenever one of the men says, "hey.. Pretty bus driver lady.. Are you married?". I hold up one hand with all my fingers and thumb out. "yep.. I'm on my 5th husband,". I say with a smile. And do you wanna know what drunk men will say back

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger SHE said...

"can I be husband number 6"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home