Friday, August 03, 2012

Big "THANK YOU!" for MOONRISE KINGDOM from (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Oh! You have to click on HTML... When did that change take place? *** Anyway... Said it before, will say it again.. About how you need to be careful about becoming a what's next person, before you properly appreciate what was: Adding several points to pleasanton's already high charm factor, the pooch parade Wednesday night. 15 minutes maybe of proud pet owners strutting their canines down main street for all the town to see and enjoy. Less costumes this year and lower participation than years past.. But still. It is just impossible not to smile. And I will here spare you the poor service drama, and just thank my beautiful mom for a delicious meal and fun visit at one of our local restaurants downtown. The gorgeous and romantic full moon that shined over our Wednesday night street party. Walking hand-in-hand with my handsome prince.. A truly wonderful 3 1/2 hour wine tasting and divine lunch, slash, belated birthday celebration and friendship visit at concannon's underdog Winebar with Kathy biondi.. Upcoming lunch/visit with my best friend, slash, sister... Recent very wonderful 3 hour visit with my beloved friend Catherine teeter.. Our daughters watercolor painting together.. Our sons playing video games... Us mom's catching up on the mundane and the major milestones of life.. Outside on such a beautiful morning.. And! A very romantic date night with my handsome prince... Snuggling together on the couches at vine Theater with our popcorn, beer, sliders picnic, watching a truly original, very refreshing, entirely engaging film called MOONRISE kingdom. -save only the story line that involves the affair between married mom and town cop, which is about as unoriginal as you can get... The rest of the film... Cast, cinematography, music, story, settings, acting, narration, pace, You name it: spectacular! In that indie/non-commercial way my whole self longs for and delights in.. At 46, so much has become predictable.. Same story over and over, they just change the characters and setting.. I've reached my saturation level for most commercial, popular culture forms of entertainment In fact, I reached my saturation level in the 90's.. Drowning ever since in sameness.. So, every truly original story is like a life-line. MOONRISE kingdom one of the most pleasant surprises in a while... Elegance of the hedgehog in literature. MOONRISE kingdom in film. -entries in my gratitude journal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home