Thursday, May 01, 2008

THE WRITE INCENTIVE for (me!) sandra, ttgp






here's the deal... for every post or comment i write, i'm gonna force myself to clean a little somethin'



for every comment, i'll wipe clean a counter-top, and for every post.. i'll clean out a drawer.

and i'm gonna eat write and exercise too

BUT FIRST..

i'm burstin' at the seams to tell the whole wide world


"LEONARD STEGMANN'S 3RD BOOK IS HERE!

A YEAR ON PLANET MERCURY IS HERE!"


don't believe me? well, i don't blame you.. the promises started back in 1980 somethin'



so i took a picture. well, actually tony took the picture






and write about the time he "clicked" -some joe passerby stepped on my bare toe with his 800lb work boot






"but hey!" i said.. "doesn't it kinda look like i'm cracking up.. like i'm laughing really hard?"




and he said, "no."




so i said, "sure it does.. use your imagination a lit... a lot. this is a great publicity shot!"

(not as great as maybe ... a centerfold... holding the book over her face.. but still)




and then i spent a whole hour walking around downtown, carrying a year on planet mercury, cover face out, and reading and laughing and smiling and making everyone curious who

a) wrote this hilarious book?

b) is this strange person?

all to say a BIG THANK YOU! ~because~

(standing on cement bench, corner of main and w. angela with megaphone):





"I'VE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED!"



(pg 276/hardcover).


and now.. all those times you never sent me a birthday card, or present, ..all those times you never sent me a christmas card, or gift... all those times you ignored and forgot me..


well, you can not get me anything for three more years!


but after that..

diamonds.



CONGRATULATIONS!! SQUIDMANN!! ON BOOK 3 and your NEW WEBSITE TOO! ~s.c.






























































6 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Leonard Stegmann said...

Thank You, Sandy! Well of course that's a picture of you laughing hysterically -- I could see that immediately! Now I'm off to take pictures of people reading my book while I stomp on their feet.

Book available, incidentally, at:

www.LeonardStegmann.com.

Heh-heh.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger FLRXMAN said...

does cleaning out a big of chips count? I am pretty good at that

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger SHE said...

squidmann: -you made my day!-

.. remember.. you have to look DOWN -below the breasts- to find bare feet

works best that way.

congrats again! ~s.c.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger SHE said...

8": -good one- i'm gonna have to borrow that..

help keep me honest

"..but, i am cleaning.."

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photos ;) Very nice - you should make them into a triptych with gold frames (and magnet copies of Stegmann's book cover)...

I should photograph my bedroom right now. I don't think you'd believe me how messy it is any other way. Sometimes, I'm afraid Matt might decide it's not worth it to marry me because seriously. It is THAT bad. And I don't even like it!

But I don't like cleaning it up either. It takes so much time and energy when I have so many good books to read ;)

LOVE TO YOU. Love your pizzazz...

VERVE!

Don't forget :)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger SHE said...

bh: your comments always lift me up, make me smile -thank you!-

and you've touched on the one area in life (perhaps the only area in life) where i suddenly become wildly competitive..

because i'm just sure.. just certain.. that when it comes to house cleaning i hate it more than anyone else in the whole wide world

you hate it too?

i hate it more than you!

and i sometimes have a day dream vision of biofeedback machines hooked up to all people who hate house cleaning

and it registers with a neon blinking red graph how much hate you experience when thinking about house cleaning

and everyone else's goes quite near the top, but mine goes up and over

"yes.. we have proof now! sandra hates cleaning more than anyone in the whole wide world"

and then my friends and family go, "oh! now i get it.. now i see.. you REALLY DO HATE CLEANING!"

and then everyone leaves me alone.


i have my dreams ")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home