Tuesday, May 02, 2023

in love i trust. -a poem by (me!) ~sandra harrison kay AKA: ~topps, writeousmom.. etc.

 written with love especially for smallpawscremations.com

***

in my heart is a permanent place for you

                                        ~my irreplaceable.

i took care of, 

             watched out for, 

                                  and learned

and in return, 

you brought out my best as i cared for you.

-before you, 

                 an intangible empty.

getting to know you, reached in  -and fulfilled me.

   what a difficult time, saying goodbye

letting good memories replace

                              the physical space, 

that just yesterday contained you.

     -those routines that kept us going; kept love growing.

and i'm better off now

                love is the how

and i know i must

i will adjust

but i sure am going to miss you.


-sandra harrison kay

writeousmom.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home