Tuesday, March 21, 2023

"encore! encore!" (nate bargatze!)




and a public "thank you!" to my daughter taryn for introducing us...


 laughter filled the house!

***

and now i've just been on a hunt   -key words that would bring up a story from my archives, but i can't seem to find it

nate inspired the memory though.  i did not write about it with an intention to be funny, i just wanted to share, and make a larger point, but, it was kinda funny

abbreviated version, perhaps reaching back more than a decade to recall, but it went something like this:

i did not want to have to make several decisions.  in fact, i didn't want to have to make any decisions..

but i was thirsty.

went into the local starbucks   -said to the barista,  just surprise me

barista:    well, do you want a tall or grande or venti?

(me!):    just surprise me

barista:   well, do you want a cold or hot drink?

(me!)    don't care  -just surprise me

barista:    do you want something sweetened?

(me!)   do. not. care.   make whatever you want, any way you want..   surprise me.

barista:  do you want me to leave room for cream

(me!)    if i answer that, it will no longer be a surprise, now will it..


****

i captured the idea and experience, but not verbatim.   in any case,  -my God, you can't go anywhere anymore it seems without a barrage of choices/decisions followed by desperate pleas for you to fill out surveys and questionnaires   

amen. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home