Wednesday, March 22, 2023

YOUR FIRST REACTION? by (me!) sandra, tvgp

original post June 2nd, 2012

*****


if i suggested to you, future generations might be able to control the weather

what is your gut reaction? one of horror or hope?

i made such a suggestion recently to a young barista at starbucks and his reaction was dread

"that would be terrible!"

my initial thought was how hopeful it might be.. how we could make air travel, all travel safer, and perhaps supply parts of the world with safe drinking water, help the farmers, that kind of thing

this is my nature

it is pleasing to some; annoying to others. i really can't help myself. i am truly programmed this way

i'm on a hunt write now.. this week.. for a school paper my sister wrote when she was in elementary school, i think it was

and in it, she very kindly writes about me.. and about me she wrote:

"my sister has three good things to say for my every one bad thing" -or something very close to that.

and recently.. when someone told me about how horrible and unjust they'd been treated in the workplace; that they might have to go to the labor board

know what i said?

i said, "isn't it wonderful that we have places like that to turn.. labor boards.."


and so i don't blame people who want to punch me. i sometimes feel like an odie in a world of garfields.

5 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Dogmom said...

And, what's wrong with that? So you always see the bright side...that's a good thing. To be positive should never be annoying...this world could use a lot more people like yourself. Just think where this world might be....the possibilities are endless. I can testify that I am a happier person just having you in my life. Your positive outlook and excitement for life is contagious.....more please!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Hawley said...

hahaha you are so cute. I can empathize - I follow after my mom in often seeing very easily the "sunshiney" side of things...though my mom is unwilling, often, to discuss anything she deems negative. That can be limiting! But to be able to discuss and approach things with optimism I think often imputes goodness to situations and makes life more enjoyable. How sweet of you. Yet another thing I love about you!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger SHE said...

sue-sue: thanks friend! -and me too. happier person now that we have reconnected..

new memories to make! love, ~s.

mbh: "to the optimists! like you and your mom..

that is a beautiful trait to share

but not missing your point here.. and know authentic optimism..

is not born from denial or ignorance, naivete or repression of hard truths

rather it's a choice of where to place our attention

and allow me to contradict

because it feels to me 50% choice and 50% default setting


love all around! ~s.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

LoL....I dont wanna punch you. The bummer of being soooo positive Sandra is that when you do have a negative moment, people just don't know how to take it. Your sisters comment reminded me of what my Mom used to tell us all the time...'I don't care who it is, homeless, toothless, scarred or marred...there is something nice about everyone'

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger SHE said...

sls: -our mom's are alike.. open hearts for everyone

what a great thing to pass along

"to the love of total strangers!"

~s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home