Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Secular Music for Spiritual Leaders by (me!) sandra, tvgp

k, remember how when I heard "Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall, I write away thought about Dr Maya Angelou.. and it ended up being a featured song in Kissin' The Chocolate Blues

well,

that kind of thing keeps happening to me when I listen to secular music  -like write away, I will see a certain TV minister

so, here are my secular music/spiritual leader match-ups:

Joel Osteen =  Happy  by Pharrell Williams

Bishop T.D. Jakes =  Killing Me Softly, by Fugees

Joyce Meyer =     /still haven't heard the one song that makes me leap to her...


but remember how, when we were all inspired to find our essence word, after reading eat, love, pray, by Elisabeth gilbert...  and how all my friends seem to know on the spot, or within a few minutes, what their word was...

and I had to wait, and wait..  but with this internal knowing that once I heard it or read it..   or thought of it..   I WILL KNOW IT; I will recognize..

and how much time passed?  and then I read, and looked up the word, VERVE, and my heart knew write away   "that's my word!"

    -the point is; sometimes patience is required...  

so like my word...   I will not make one up, or force a fit for the perfect Joyce Meyer secular song..

I will just be patient

and when I hear it; I WILL KNOW IT..  and i'll report back when I do.

my personal song   -secular, but which I project my spirituality on is:

under the influence, by James morrison.      

yes..  I see Jesus face in my imagination, and/or the Bible.. and sing with those images in heart and mind

"...   whatever I do, I am under the influence of yoooooouuuuuuuu…


amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home