Saturday, March 28, 2020

speaking of memory.. (me!) sandra, tvgp

what/how much should we each remember without the aid of pictures, prompts, diaries, newspapers, etc.   in a healthy 50+ year old mind..    what is a realistic expectation when it comes to memory?

as I'm organizing my writings.. decades worth.. and I peruse certain random months..

there is so much I've written, in great detail, after an event, special occasion, conversation..

and somewhere in it I write "I'll never forget when..."   or I've written,  "I will always remember..,"

and as I'm reading it I realize, I absolutely forgot about this and that..  I would never remember those details without having this to re-read..

So when I identify my blog and journals as 'external memory storage'

It's a fact.  And I am so grateful for my God given instinct to write.. because what evidence! what a resource for learning, better understanding our memory mechanisms.

Wonder how much Paul, author of so much of the new testament could remember on his own, about what he wrote..   if you fast forward a decade or two.  Same for Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

Interesting to consider Biblical timelines
Who wrote what, when.. 

and to note: fruits of the spirit are eternally linked w/humanity.  I can name them by memory.    Spiritual amor... I will guess. -give myself a pop quiz write now:

Shoes/peace
Belt/truth
Sword/salvation
Shield/faith
Helmet/righteousness?

****

now let me look it up...

Ephesians 6:11...    keep going...

Belt/truth..  got it!
Breastplate/righteousness... (need to study)
feet/peace..   got it!
Shield/faith..  got it!
Helmet/salvation..   (bless it, I was so close..)
Sword/spirit..

***

-gives me another thing to do during shelter in place.    Amen.

.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home