Saturday, March 28, 2020

$2.99.. for real? asks (me!) sandra, tvgp


I had no intention.  What happened is that I was at luckys.. march 7th, I believe.  Passed by a clearance table and saw this lovely little plant in its red pot for..  $2.99?!?  I couldn't believe something so pretty, for next to nothing.. so I added it to my cart.

And truth be told, I would have brought it home and did my best.. without ever looking anything up, and if it died in a week or month..  oh well, it only cost me $2.99.

but I happen to show it to a co-worker friend, and Dona mentioned write away "that's called a crown of thorns" and showed me more closely the thick thorns..  and I was like, "as in Jesus crown of thorns?"

and based on that conversation I did do some research.  ...sure enough... 

But it is hard with the limited, skimming research to regard it as a factual truth, this was the plant used..

Especially to see all the paintings and art.. the gazillion visual interpretations which show Jesus crown of thorns made from nails.. 

And I realized, I have, until spending this $2.99, never even been curious about, or wondered about the details of Jesus crown of thorns.  And only vaguely familiar with the bible references

But it is pretty consistent that there was one

Son of God

Who died on a cross

Wearing a crown of thorns.

And it is in His name..   I pray "fruit of the spirits!" for all humanity.  Hallelujah & amen
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home