Tuesday, May 29, 2018

prelude to my next poem... (me!) sandra, tri valley gypsy poet

exactly as it happened..

a lovely customer purchased a pretty plate and some other variety of items from the alden lane gift store.

after I rang the purchase at the register, and went to hand her all of her items..   because of the light-weight nature of the particular box I placed the items in   /not the standard, famous, iconic alden lane box we use for plants..

well, everything fell and hit the cement ground we were standing on

the plate broke in a few large pieces.

I knew write away..    even more beautiful, yes..    mosaics.    created from broken pieces with a spiritual adhesive, i.e., God..   and God is love

but I did not mention this to the customer.   I just suggested she go grab another, and I would package it more securely

when she returned to the register,  -she did have another plate in her hand, but it was not identical to the one that had just broke

"based on what just happened,"  she told me..  "I decided instead to get this plastic plate so I don't have to worry about it breaking"

***

and the very second she shared that with me..  I knew!

***

it is exactly that fear, that creates plastic people too.

***

how much we do, to what lengths.. what compromises we make

trying so hard to avoid being broken

***

but broken~ness of one kind or another

common denominator for all of humanity

***

the bible speaks to it..      and teaches about transforming suffering and broken~ness..   or rather

the path to transcendence

always the same way...   always the same ingredient

the suffering is a variable, the intensity, the time, the place, the circumstances..     ; all variables

but the  -answer-

quite fixed:


love.   infinite love...


if you try to subtract it...


well, go ahead and try...  

that is your spiritual math lesson for   " this day that the Lord has made..

that I WILL re-joyce and be so very glad in..."


amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home