Sunday, October 01, 2017

who i am. who i am not. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

oh! how I would love to be able to easy/quick push a button and these select lyrics from amos lee's song keep it loose, keep it tight, would play on que:


Sometimes we forget who we got,
who they are.
Oh, and who they are not.

because, customers..

I mean, its not their fault really..   how they project onto any one of us wearing the denim alden lane shirts, all the knowledge of a professional, trained, educated,certified, horticulturist

and how they look 

sometimes disappointed, sometimes annoyed, to learn some of us are cashiers, or merchandisers, and not horticulturists

and recently, a customer approached me while I was walking from here to there..   and he goes, "I have a technical question.."

and write away I grabbed my radio because I knew I would be calling a horticulturist to come answer..

I said with a smile, I said, 

"I am a poet.  I am an artist.  I am a mom.  and I am a cashier..    but I am not a horticulturist...  so, let me get the person who can help you."

and then I radio'd for the write person.

***

but that reminded me of a past conversation with a now very ex-boyfriend from many years ago

I said with a smile to him,   a smile and some concern, 

I said, 

"I am a mom.  I am a writer.  I am an artist.     I am not a super-model."

***

and those are just two conversations of many that pop up over the years..    

where I have some need to explain who I am, and who I am not

and that makes me super appreciate amos lee's song

keep it loose, keep it tight.


I know who I am.  and who I am not.

           but what a job to communicate that to other people...


In,    -who do you say Jesus is?   or is not?   's   name....               hallelujah & amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home