Saturday, September 30, 2017

NIGHTCLUB DISCLAIMER part II by (me!) sandra, tvgp

and while I was dancing with Robert, I was thinkin' ....

wouldn't it be nice, if there was some...   I don't know...   an obvious code of some kind..  like,

a ring on your left ring finger [at least in theory] indicates you are married;  -it does not however, 100% indicate if you are happily married; or monogamous

but I'm off point already

I was thinkin' ...    /well, I'm not going to share everything I was thinkin'...

just,

wouldn't it be nice, if there was a ring, or a tattoo, or nail polish color...  or a pendant...

or,

a missing eyebrow..

or an earring...

or a necklace...

or a patch!      

anything..  any icon; quick visual, at-a-glace- no-questions-asked kind of tangible, socially identifiable/acceptable thing so I could avoid having to

and the thing is..


you can't even whisper, because the live music is so pumpin'

so, I said a prayer, and I was like...    here it goes..      like it or not

[tap, tap on his... strong, solid, shoulder.  lean toward ear with my mouth]

no nibbling


just, kinda loud and clear

"the whole casual, recreational sex thing...    it's not for me..  I don't do that"

and, of course he didn't hear me the first time

/what man ever does..

and so, closer to his ear this time

no nibbling or softly blowing..


I said, "..if you are in the market for casual sex...   not me."      and then, I opened my hands and gestured toward the larger crowd..   "but there is plenty to choose from here"

and he indicated he heard me..    and accepted my terms.

and so, we danced some more,

and sang together,

"...ain't no party like an entourage party, 'cuz an entourage party don't stop..."


          -AND!

he included me in some larger group photo being taken with and by his friends.   AND

he walked me to my jeep blue see

and he seemed to know, to recognize my decal:  KLOVE.com


AND  he gave me his telephone number.

amen.


***

now,

besides all the entertaining twists on nursery rhymes I learned from my dad, I learned this

            1 out of every 10 women will say yes  [at barones I think your odds a little better, like 1 out 3 or 5..  or, including 3 or 5...]


also, my dad often mentioned his "3rd date" rule,  which referenced the fact, that there was no woman he ever dated that he couldn't land in bed by the 3rd date.

so,

having successfully communicated my nightclub disclaimer    /disclosure?

I must now successfully communicate my dating disclaimer..

but,

don't you wish...

don't I wish..

like,

if my fingernail polish is    -purple...    that means...

because

having these conversations is just so awkward.


necessary, but very awkward.

amen.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home