Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Heart Seen.. & Memories Shared by (mary [gerace] re!)

   we both grew up on Peterman ave in Hayward    -went to the same schools    /that is,  when I went to school...

she was a dear friend to me..    my brother was her 1st boyfriend..      and, my family, my parents, my sister, my brother..   we all cherish her still; love her!     mary re

ive had the great honor of staying in touch..   watching her baby girls grow into amazing young women..    attending her wedding to jon...     occasionally visiting over the years..

and three years ago, we had a goodbye party at barones, music under the stars, when she moved to texas,

this heart seen contribution is from her; from that very night

     -and, another of her heart seen contributions, was the very most beloved when the exhibit was at the alameda county fair:

  it is of her dog (RIP) riley.. who happened across an ant hill; scratched his nose raw...       but what a heart seen in the healing!  xoxo


and
 I am so very happy to share..     SHE'S BACK! from Texas,  [having escaped the flooding, with their former house still standing, and providing shelter for friend victims of the flood]


and,  we have so many memories..     I'm not sure where to even start..

but I've invited her as a guest blogger, and her response, which made me laugh out loud:

Sure!  Do I have to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth??

      and my response to that, is:      Please Do!


  -one of my strong memories   -quite entertaining, possibly humiliating if videos exist..

taking turns dance~charading and lip syncing to Queen album   -bohemian rhapsody

    you, me, sue-sue, Debbie (?)

are you mary, as grateful as I am, that cell phones with video capability/instragram/social media/facebook did not exist when we were teenagers?

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love you so much !!! And so happy to be nackmom Cali where I
Belong !!! I love you family too like
They are my own and yes , as the jeff ke goes , am still in love with your brother 😜 So many great memories , growing up in Hayward on peterman Ave. hanging out at the bowling alley before Jackson street was an actual
Freeway !'

And yes , am so glad we
Didn't
Have social media when were growing up , although , I'm
Sure our video of us dancing around and singing to bohemian rhapsody would surely be a You tube hit !!!!! No shame
Smoking in the girls bathroom at valle vista skating rink on Friday night .... we were so cool.
And lord byrons , pretending we were from Alabama with made up accents and fake names trying to meet new boys ....


I love you , my forever friend, looking forward to so many more adventures together ❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

Post a Comment

<< Home