Friday, September 08, 2017

It was the best of times.. for (me!) sandra, tvgp

the way I share it today, the way I shared it last night at bent creek winery  -with Gerry, Anthony, lee ann, mary

"when I was going through my divorce, some 11 years ago..   I thought..  I can turn to drugs.  -and I did consider it.   I thought, I can turn to alcohol..   and I did consider it.

but instead

I turned to music.

and at age 40, I learned to play the flute.   never played a musical instrument in my life..   got to learn how to play the flute and read music..

and I mastered,  "twinkle, twinkle, little star"  yes, age 40,    mmm, hmmm

and I had my debut performance at the heritage estates in Livermore...      and I forced my children, against their will, to watch and support me.."











    [search bar:  heritage estates and/or mean mommy]

and, then I pointed to one of the men playing live jazz at bent creek for their Thank God it's Thursday's events, and I said with a smile,

"and that gentleman up there in the red shirt...    that's Bernie berke, my flute teacher.."

and as I also mentioned... I've forgotten everything I learned.    I sold my flute when bills demanded..  and I haven't played since,

but,

I did perform twinkle, twinkle little star at the heritage estates..  my very own arrangement of it...   and I did get to perform with the good time band...   huge band! at pier 39 in san Francisco

    /and, well camouflaged by so many actually practiced/talented flute players, really I just made it look like I was playing the flute write along with everyone..

but,  -great memories!  great memories!

the most patient music instructor in all the milky way galaxy...      Bernie berke!

***

and what a wonderful winery, and wonderful visit..   I re-confess here,   -pre-October, I have to work harder..     use more energy..      to combat the dread that surfaces when the days get shorter, and it starts to look dark as midnight by 5pm...

and I find I just want to be outside as much as possible, while its still light out in the evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home