Saturday, September 09, 2017

He picked up my Kleenex with his bare hands! as seen by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

It is not a chronic cold. It is not year-round allergies..   it is accompanied by no other thing like a fever or rash or headache or stomach ache or itchy eyes ..

It is exclusively a drippy nose.  and, as a result, I need to have facial tissue /generic..   or, more famously/successfully branded: I need to have near me or in a pocket, kleenex; at all times.

I have adapted.

But I want to point out, that..

Well, the first time I saw Mother Angelica on EWTN,  just so casually wipe her nose while she was speaking..  "on TV!?!?"

I could not believe my eyes!  -have you ever seen a TV personality wipe their runny nose on TV?  A newscaster?  Sportscaster?  Talk show host?

I've never seen Charlie rose, or Charles Osgood or Oprah Winfrey reach for a Kleenex during an interview and wipe their nose..  ever.

And I imagine, if it did happen...   that part got edited out before a TV audience was forced to witness this...    awful~unnecessary interruption.

But it is exactly because I had zero exposure to anyone on TV ever reaching for a Kleenex to address their runny nose, that I marveled at Mother Angelica..

So calm, so casual, just wiping her nose in the middle of a bible passage reading and interpretation..    live audience and filmed..  not edited out; the nose wiping was included.

And the reason I'm even writing on this topic this morning, is because..

Well,

I've even had to stop in the middle of dancing at Barones and reach for a tissue..    only to learn I didn't have one with me..   and then drip, drip, write on the dance floor.. until I could make my way to the restroom, and fill up my pocket..  with tissue if they have it; toilet paper if they dont.

and, anyway..  chances are very high my Alden lane shirt pocket ALWAYS has tissue..  some used, some new, some borrowed, some blue..

And with all the bending involved in moving and counting plants and flowers..

If you see a crumpled up tissue that fell on the ground, chances are very high it's mine.   and most people avoid them..   and, on the occasions I've spotted one

Or two..

or three, that fell from my pocket.. I am quick to grab it /or them..

and throw them in the trash can.   and I've had a person or two.. just point at one they see on the ground..  and kindly ask me to discard it

I'm not touching it.  Eeeww.

So, all of that.. I have shared so I could explain.. how..

How

How appreciative I was, when I saw a Kleenex that had fallen out of my shirt pocket on the ground

And not a fresh new unused Kleenex

But a crumpled up, probably used three or four times kleenex..

And I was being pretty quick about rushing in to pick it up and get it in the trash can,  -to spare anyone from even having to look at it

But Alex beat me to it.  He picked up my crumpled yucky used Kleenex with his bare hand and tossed it in the trash.

I was so moved by this gesture.

I am inspired to buy him a little gift of thanks..

Like,

Maybe, a small tube of hand sanitizer.

***

with love, in Mother Angelica' s love for Jesus' loving name..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home