Sunday, August 13, 2017

steady diet of documentaries, shows, movies and interviews.. for (me!) sandra, tvgp

botany of desire   -loved it.   -obviously cannot help but see diversity within human-beings as originating, evolving and serving up the exact same life saving traits as the apples example..   and monoculture of anything, as being more vulnerable for the exact reasons learned/shared...    and easy to see humans as a part of nature vs. a~part..   but separate and distinct, in that we can observe/assess/self-govern our own innate instincts
I will watch this one again

"thank you!" to greg zollars:   finding vivian maier   -obviously; loved it!   and thought here and there about how...           how I've written/tried to express:   every fake flower has authentic roots..

without being specifically suspicious to this film..    only to note:

at one time, it authentically happened:

* an unknown artist; and then the previously unknown artists work becomes ridiculously valuable in the marketplace posthumously     -and then the path, the steps, the formula for that success is  appropriated...

and once a system/path/formula is identifiable..   it is replicated exponentially, (change only artist, type of work, time/place)   so as time passes it becomes harder and harder to distinguish real from fake.. authentic from appropriated...

and this applies to artists themselves; and their work; and the path itself; to success...

and to anyone giving testimonies...

/side note:  so recently exposed to what I think was an authentic...    where a woman cheated on her husband, and then was blackmailed..    and the blackmailer person profited quite a bit..  

but then,  -this path:    intentionally manipulating spouses toward a downfall for the profit...

it is exhausting..    unless you have the spiritual gift of discernment

   -when so n' so [insert famous person] had an (authentic) car accident  [got married/got divorced]; an onslaught of media attention..        so, the path for getting a lot of quick media attention....

***

I still care if things are real or not...

***

maudie:   -loved it!   and will remember how...   utterly....   quiet....     long periods where there was no music playing softly in the background, or loudly in the foreground    -quiet scenes...  silence..

I'm pretty sure that was a first for me..    and it was brave! of the movie makers..    so counter-culture..

and a treat for me.. because I think ive mentioned before...   music in the background of any and every scene..  my consistent exposure to that, has made it so that, sometimes I hear music in real life when people are walking in and out of doors, or I think...   gosh you need some music..

anyway, it was so quiet..   it felt wrong, like a dishonorable thing to do,  to eat or drink anything during those scenes and interrupt the silence.   I ate my popcorn much slower..   just one or two at a time, and I let my saliva soften them before I started chewing to reduce the noise factor..

and no way for me to know, what part authentic/accurate; what part Hollywood, creative license..  but I sure liked the cast, the life stories, the arch/evolution of the relationships...  and the evolution of their residence most of all, from bland/bleak to true colors..         artists are to empty walls and windows as sound is to letters..

***

happened across tom hanks..  talking about talking to the real life people he portrays in movies:
paraphrase:

"i'm  going to be wearing clothes you've never worn, going places you've never been, and saying things you've never said...  "    -but he is after the 'essence' of the person...

and I like to think, I have witnessed the essence of maud..   her spouse..    her family/friends..

and hope, I will see, the 'essence' of Jeannette walls..   and each person portrayed in the glass castle..

***

its been years since I've seen any 'inside the actors studios'  but..   incredibly similar on Netflix now:

Hollywood masters..    and to watch Julia louis dreyfus       -they should be seen as a double feature..  her interview on each show..  God bless her for repeating stories, and answering questions as if everything was fresh and new...   a very generous spirit.   charm and energy unwavering...

they should all be seen as double features; back to back; side by side..  anyone interviewed by james lipton, and currently by host of Hollywood masters...

 -that would be its own lesson, very valuable lesson about acting..

 not only does my memory prevent me from acting; not only my total lack of any talent/gifting in that area,    -but honestly,

I don't want to tell even a good story twice in one day...    i'd rather just record something, and then hand given person a recording and go,

"here..       I've already answered that one...  

***

speaking of masters...

 endears me further to Stephen Colbert..    interviewing the already over-interviewed celebrities in fresh, creative, enchanting, engaging and entertaining ways     -plus,  there have never been more intelligently~funny monologues by anyone..

which brings me to    -even higher appreciation levels, because I also happened across a new program where actors are interviewing other actors..       and, it felt like...     i'll tell you how fabulous you are, and now its your turn to tell me how fabulous I am..     so dripping with obligatory ego-strokes and blatantly lacking anything of value/interest..

where is my Charlie rose..      he could save you!     /and I pictured him as an interviewing super hero, leaping in through the window, like Spider-Man..    looking into the camera and addressing the audience,

"...   from the brink of boring...    i'll get this soaring!"


the thing is..    a good interview requires a lot of practice and experience..   just like writing, acting..

when they make it look easy,

its not because it IS easy... its because they've put in a lot of time, effort, energy, practice, mastering the skill..


this point is driven home in Barbara walter's autobiography,  -audition.


***

In, what if   -Jesus-  were to interview you?    's    name...   amen.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home