Wednesday, November 11, 2015

MY imaginary TED TALK. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

draft 1:  i begin by asking the audience a question:   at age 23,  if you were to assign a number to your individual self-esteem, 10 being highest, 1 being lowest, what would that number be?

***
because i am here today to discuss just that: self esteem.

-my own self esteem, at that age /and many others, can be seen in this mini-video:

-and here, the video shows me now, walking along the beach, approaching a rock in the sand.  the viewing audience is set up to believe I am going to pick up a rather large, solid rock to describe the size of my self esteem..

but instead I pick up a grain of sand.

and then I explain, that of course, I am exaggerating quite a bit.  -standing next to the rock.. holding the grain of sand..

and go on to explain.. this grain of sand..   this grain of sand is far too huge to represent what my self esteem was...

and then next..  we watch as the grain of sand is further obliterated into smaller and smaller pieces..in a huge explosion..

and then we look through a microscope and I explain..  even that is too big!

and we divide, and cut and magnify...   and reach a point where, really..  you just can't see anything.

"That's about how much self esteem I had.."

K. now..   what did you learn while you were in school?   -because what I needed to learn vs. What I did learn are two very different things..

what I needed to learn was not in this book (any given text book shown here), or this book... (any given text book).  -or this book..

etc. until I've shown at least 8 different text books..and sufficiently made my point..

"What I needed to learn!   -was in this book!".   -and here I hold up the bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home