Sunday, October 18, 2015

MATytiru. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

so, in my 20's, i'd be on the phone with keith, and at the mere hint of a suggestion, not even an official request or invitation...

next thing you know, im in his house...

and as ive mentioned, during this stretch of time, we never

-not once! went on a public date.    -and as you can see, -why would we? i created no need, necessity or desire..   had no requirement or standard..  

and even write now today, all these years later, at the sound of his voice on the voicemail, the engine in my jeep blue see starts up almost all by itself...

and i swear to you, a few buttons on my blouse, like popped open on their own..

/who else can hear the magic man song playing in the background?

.."but mom... he's a magic man..."

anyway..   im a little bit older, and a little bit wiser now.

/write Jesus...?

and so im tellin' you, the same thing i told him

correction:  ..im blogging for you, the same thing i texted to him:

..are you respectfully asking me out on a hot date? somewhere really special..  -in public..

somewhere that requires me to dress up a little.. and has a nice selection of wines..   

where you come over and pick me up, and say hi to the family, and tell me I look nice..

and then

never let me go.

***

and he STILL has yet to ask me out on a hot date.   but i have the socially awkward question waiting for him if we do..

its not the kind of question you can ask over the phone or via text.  -very important this question is accompanied by direct eye contact..

***

anyway,   he claims he wants to see my gray hair..

***

not just anyone is gonna get to run their fingers through MY gray hair, i promise you...   

***

speaking of promises..  time for bible study:

In Jesus Name!  amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home