Monday, March 02, 2015

FOUND! a poem by (me!) sandra, tvgp

i see God
in the roll of green hills
in the shape of all clouds
in the space of our every sky

i hear God
in the honk of each geese
in the good of all greetings
in every answer and every why?

i touch God
in the bare of my feet
in the cheek of my kiss
in the pen of my very write hand.

i drink God
in the hot of my coffee
in the fresh of my juice
in every rain drop that on my tongue lands

i eat God
in the tender of my meat
in the peel of my potato
in the full spoon of every dessert

i smell God
in the eden of my garden
in the clean of old clothes
in the stains of every blue collared shirt

i experience God
in the mind of my peace
in the free of my will
in the broken of every heart beating

i know God
in the now of my being
in the before of all men
and in the after of this life so fleeting.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger SHE said...

as earlier described; an exquisite sensation it is to feel a poem coming on..

organic not imposed. -also earlier described.

had to play with this one for a stretch before it felt write and complete.

originally I titled it ALIVE. -because this captures what it feels like to feel really alive; all senses appreciating what they can do..

but then the way it was coming out.. those little twists of words.. It is the same, or very similar, to how the words came out when I wrote LOST: AGAIN several years ago after my coworker friends husband died suddenly and unexpectedly

I did not re-read that poem prior to writing this one.
just kind of remembered..

and then.. Well of course!

that is what it feels like -to be lost.
and this one is what it feels lime to be
FOUND

I just re-read lost..

And think.. Yes! These two should appear write next to each other. LOST & FOUND

seems evident here.. some of the ingredients necessary to put the again back in our tries:

walk with God. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home