Friday, January 30, 2015

Super Soul Sundays with (oprah!) & (guests) as seen by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I am a fan.

I watch the super soul Sunday Interviews; master class episodes, etc.   I am perpetually on the look out for fully evolved human beings; survivors; thrivers; humanitarians..  I am fascinated by how people live, and internally explain to themselves; or at least wrestle with the big questions life presents..   I'm grateful to people who share their experiences/thoughts with the public..

Which allows me to learn.. Discern..  Grow...

My (self imposed, hobby.. Creating a master thesis for what characteristics make up a fully evolved human being.).

Has me listening with great energy; my attention undivided, to the true life stories of people succeeding in life; ever aware everything is an interpretation..  Everyone is in process..

My favorite Interview to date is with Diana nyad.  Two parts.  The only one I will invest time to rewatch multiple times..  

My criteria for being a 'fully evolved human being' is   -my opinion.  Based on my own life experiences and observations..

A short list/brief idea looks like:

Fully evolved human being IS a humanitarian.
-has no addictions; free from hate while seeking justice;
-filled with love, passion,
-is superior or inferior to no one; understands/appreciates the unique value, gifts, talents, strengths, weaknesses, of each human being is in fact unique for good reason; higher purpose..
-has mastered their ego and moods..

The list is much longer, but..  That Diana nyad..  I regard her as pretty well evolved human being...

I repeat here,  although I am a Christian myself..  Being a Christian is not part of my criteria..  Being a humanitarian IS.   Diana nyad is self described as an atheist.  

It remains my greatest concern; technology out evolving human beings.   -not that robots will take over..  Not that way..

But rather, we invest enormous amounts of time, money, resources, etc. Into evolving technological machines

While such large populations of humans remain stuck.  -in self loathing; hate; deceitful cultural lies; Insecurities; unexplored potential; selfishness; greed; unnecessary addictions..  Another long list..

I'm inspired to bring this all up again having watched the Interview with panache Desai..

I will return when time allows to respond to this Interview

Specifically to his Interpretation that "we are not broken.. We don't need fixing"

TBC.

***

EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL!  STRONGER THAN BEFORE!

I cannot respond to panache in the secular (or, actually I could, but am choosing here not to) -I speak through the lens of a Christian here

Dear panache.. To the extent you spread love.. Speak of love.. Walk in love.. Remind people they are born from; made with; and belong to love..    I thank you.

To the extent you remind people they are magnificent..  Thank you.

It is when you said, "we are not broken.. We don't fixed".  And " being available to every experience, emotion, -not stuffing them..".  /I paraphrase..

It is to those ideas I must respond:

First.. Let me give my interpretation of broken as it applies to human beings (not objects..although great analogy)

Broken = living outside of optimal mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, (etc.) health.  -as It applies to individuals, families,cultures, systems..

So, 

Where we have human trafficking:   broken.
Where we have high (any) rate of suicides:  broken.
Where we have exploitation of children: broken; women; broken..   Anyone who is participating in exploiting another:  -broken.

Anyone with an addiction of Any kind (food, sex, money, status, attention, power, drugs):  broken.

Where there is high incarceration rates:  -broken.

Where there is violence, crime, abuse, bullying, blackmail, gangs, poverty, hunger:  broken, broken, broken, broken, broken, broken, broken, broken...

and in desperate need of fixing.

Here is where my experience, observations as a Christian fill me with enormous amounts of hope and joy and faith..

If we use the analogy of an object.. A broken vase, for example

Let's say we have a beautiful vase in perfect condition.  And then it falls and breaks.

Someone repairs it with glue.   It can be said, it is repaired; but it has not, in fact, -cannot- be repaired to the point that it is exactly as it was before it was broken.

but it is my experience and observation that when broken people (as mentioned above.. With addictions, etc)  give their lives over to God..

Not only does God repair, restore..  But people can become even more beautiful; even STRONGER! -than if they were ever whole and never fell or were never broken...

I love when I hear Joyce Meyer say, "there is no pit too deep that God can't reach in and save you.."

I'm living testimony.

It appears to me.. The saying is true: we were made to be broken.

We have to be able to recognize this truth; when we are living broken lives; or contributing to broken systems..  In order to surrender to the love that can and will repair us.. To an even greater level of health and well being.

I cannot close without mentioning where I believe your words are entirely accurate though panache, when you say "you are not broken; you do not need repaired.."

-because I live in a culture which convinces young girls, teens, women, females in general.. That they are nothing unless..

They weigh a certain weight.
Look a certain way.
Own a certain this or that..

When I hear about cosmetic surgeries.. Eating disorders.. Preoccupations, insecurities..self loathing..

These ARE the people that most need exposure to what you say:

You are not broken.. You are living in a broken culture with broken values and responding to lies.   You are a beautiful masterpiece of a human being; as is..

But YOU!  You who constantly comment about physical appearance.. Who see a sensitive and insecure person.. And exploit consciously.  -making them to feel less than and unworthy unless..

Woe be to you...  You are the very broken one.  I pray you let God get a tight hold of you...

In Jesus name,   -amen.

****

Wait.. not quite done.  I need also to respond panache to what you said about 'not stuffing' and 'being available to every experience'

Specifically.. Anger.

As a person who has been on the receiving/absorbing end of other peoples anger..

The anger of an abusive alcoholic..
The anger of a rapist..
The anger of bullies..
The anger of jealous people..
The anger of people just unhappy and dissatisfied with their lot in life..
The anger of people under self-imposed stress..
The anger of people under unexpected, life imposed stress..

The anger of a large number and long line of people who have not learned how to recognze,handle, manage, process, understand and tame their emotions or anger..

To know from experience and observation the incalculable quantity and intensity and frequency of anger which gets directed toward and absorbed by innocent bystanders..

I would caution here that we don't all just 'be available to every experience and emotion'

Unless you mean that we are available to recognizing; and then evaluating.. And then considering the consequences of, potential impact on..  Etc.  Of releasing our impulsive reactions..

There are thought processes and considerations that should take place before we DECIDE whether or not to honor and release emotions..

There are distinctions to be made between an unhealthy counter productive stuffing of emotion vs. A healthy and conscious decision to wait; tame; reword; revisit..

In regard to emotions:  never hold back.  Or,  always hold back.  Neither one of those should apply across the board in anyone's life..

Rather

Recognize.Think. consider. Decide.

Otherwise, how can we separate ourselves from animals?

I believe In the distinction of flesh and spirit.   And people who let every impulse of emotion out with considering the consequence and impact on others are living in the flesh..

People who evaluate, consider..    Live in the spirit.

What is the saying?  "Let your conscience be your guide."

-first you must realize you have one... -write.

This leads to long essays on the definition of and origins of human conscience...

But! I have church and the Superbowl!  Nachos and cold beer!

"Cheers!".  In Jesus name....   Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home