Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Livin' like a man.. (Me!) sandra, tvgp

DAY 5; no purse.

***

(Me!):  " I think this is like, the 5th day I've been without my purse.  -but, like,  -where do you guys keep everything?  Where do you keep your aspirin? Your chocolate? Gum?"

Jason:   -he pulls a wallet out from his back pocket.   "If it don't fit in here.. I don't need it.".       And then he mentioned convenient stores.

Something about this.. Only as needed vs. Always on the in case appeals to me..

He wore a baseball cap; Jason.   -went on to explain how at the end of the day when he gets home,  he flips his baseball cap upside down on a table, places his wallet; keys, phone inside. Everything in one place.  Picks them up in the morning, puts them in his pocket; puts his baseball cap back on..    Heads back out in the cold, cruel world..

"I can do this!"

I'll tell you what sealed the deal.  I went to an evening meeting at the local school; hundreds of parents were there..

I looked around the room..  Everywhere there were big purses. Some women kept them the whole time over their shoulders, some women set them on the floor next to them.. Some women tucked them under the table where they were seated..

But here's the thing.  Not one woman actually  -needed- her purse.

Not in this instance, not for this meeting. It was just a show up and listen kind of deal..   Then go home.

What I realized is that all of these women.. They carried their purses from their homes, kept them in their car, lugged them from their cars into the building, set them on the floor or wherever,

Never once used or needed them..

Then lugged them back to their cars.. Transported them home.. And carried them in their house.

-when we need them, use them; that's one thing..

But how often they get lugged around out of habit alone..

Or an entire purse because you need your license?

I am determined to unbreak this habit; interrupt the pattern..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home