Monday, September 01, 2014

HOT DATE for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

As is my routine, i was already in my happy giraffe pajamas.. Book in hand.. Snuggled in and just a few minutes shy of taking my helps-me-sleep-through-the-night medicine.  Truth is, had he asked me to the movies, or join him walking his dogs..  I would have yawned, "im gonna call it an early night tonight.."

But he said something about hitting a bucket of balls.  And despite the fact i dont golf, have next to no athletic ability, etc, etc, ..

It was like suddenly i had 6am energy and get-go at 8:30 at night.

"I wanna go!".  -and i literally flew out of bed, changed back into my street clothes, washed my face, and waited all excited and anxious for his truck to pull up out front.

It is very romantic i must say..  At night; the golf range place.. 

Only thing missing is some music piped through.. But otherwise, dark clear sky.. Pretty lights revealing the greens..

Gorgeous stretches of open space and grounds filled everywhere with visible little white balls of trials, efforts, mishaps and..

In the distance -somewhere; beyond where the eye can see:

" victory! Success!".     -seems so exciting to someone like me

To hit that ball so hard and so far it goes to places you cant even see anymore.

K

Well, it was pretty easy to find mine.  -still on the mat a couple times; then about one pathetic short city block straight ahead..

"You hit it very straight though.. Thats good"

-may i stop here to say thats exactly when i decided for sure id be removing my clothes for him at some point..

I just like that in a man..  When he focuses in on my strengths.

And he was a great coach!  Very patient..  Specific:

"Know why that happened?... Because you turned your head to see where the ball was going to go.. You need to keep your eyes on the ball"

And do you know when i kept my eye on the ball and didnt turn my head..   "It worked!".   -contact; air; distance...

Plus,  ..imma straight shooter it turns out.

-which should surprise no one really; write.

And i just loved, loved, loved watching him do his thing..  Same way i like watching my son on 1st base..

The posture, concentration, gestures, expressions, sounds; instincts..

..so beautiful... Watching that little white ball fly through the night sky to who knows where..

I know most of what i happen across on tv shows people golfing in broad daylight..

But i think this should really be a nighttime sport.  Sex and golf; game high, lights low. Add music..

Im just an athlete of a different kind..

Anyway..  im putting it on my list of favorite dates..

Weve been twice now..  And he said i show enough promise that our next date might just be on an actual real life golf course..

So, help me out here..  Where are the bay areas best night time golf courses? 

Im going to make a private reservation.. Then have a sleeping bag waiting on the 18th...

I had no idea golf was so romantic...   

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golf is one of those games where a tiny white ball makes a grown man or woman cry. I had no idea it could lead to a hole-in-one on the 18th!!! Must run. I'm off to buy some clubs and a sleeping bag. A new career is an option for me....nighttime golf instructor for poets!!!! John from the Pleasanton pool. PS. Only have a Yahoo account

 

Post a Comment

<< Home