Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Added value service from (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Talkin' up the town... That's my value added service.  So, if there's an art festival, farmers market, where's waldo, or any fun community event going on.. I often mention that at the register.  I am of the belief people should take full advantage..  Not all towns offer these events and a lot of time and energy is employed behind the scenes..  "Pooch parade coming up in august..don't miss it!"

"Free movie tonight... Frozen!  Bring your kids.."

And so this yielded a little laughter for me earlier in the week.

I read about a Neil diamond tribute band performing near the danville library "free outdoor concert on a beautiful night.."

I think I am personally responsible for the attendance of at least 5 extra families that didn't know about it til I mentioned it..

Anyway.. My favorite postman comes in, the one who always has a good comic or joke up his sleeve..

I go, "Neil diamond tribute band tonight at the library"

He goes, .."I'm not a Neil diamond fan"

And I was searching my mind for the title of one of his songs.. Famous songs.. That, even if Neil diamond isn't your thing, you would still recognize and appreciate this one song..  -then it hit me, so I go,

"I am"

And then he goes,  "well, you should go then" -as he walked out the door

And I've been giggling about that timing and delivery ever since..

***

"I am" I said
To no one there
And know one heard at all
Not even the chair..

Did you ever read about a frog
Who dreamed of bein' a king
And then became one..

Well except for the names
And a few other changes
If you talk about me
The story's the same one..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home