Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mr Crist.. Two memory triggers...for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Future Writings:   Mr Crist..my 4th & 5th grade teacher. My favorite ever..  Tried so hard to get me to pick 1 president to write about.."  "1?...how boring.." I complained.. "I want to write about them ALL!". --and so against his will.. I did a brief biography of each one.. From Washington to..  Whoever was President when I was in the 4th grade.. Can't remember write now.. 

***

Every writer will have the question asked: "when did you know?"

In my memory, it was also in the 4th grade..  We were told to write about the clock in the classroom.. I wrote a story about the clock, but without ever using the word.. 'I have two hands and a face.. You look at me everyday'.  -of course I don't remember word for word; nor do I have the original.  But for (me!).. Writing assignments were always something I looked forward to; had fun with..

It was not the grade I received on my paper though.. It was the way Mr Crist looked at me.. When he spoke about how much he liked my story..   It made me feel like I must have done something special.. But without having tried to..

/how's that English...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home