Friday, May 23, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW by (me!) Sandra, tvgp..

Maybe I should call this: MOVIE REACTION.. Instead of review; yes.

Reaction:  "oh my goodness..  I'm dying to know if my squidmann has seen this?"

-they say: mesmerizing. Stunning. Grinning.
-I say: engaging, entertaining. Enlightening; ..sad.. So very sad.

And if I were editing..  Soundtrack editor..  Musical score.  You would have heard some Amos Lee in the background... Singing his "soul suckers" song...

I watched this in its entirety.. Both CD's.. All the extra stuff..  Glued for most of it..  But the 50 minute interview..  Leslie fiddler/firing line..painful. I don't know how else to say it.  A course in body language; ego; positioning/posturing..  Exhaustive. In one word.  

-and that is followed by 6 minutes with a.s.byatt and Toni Morrison..


So that is mostly what I screamed out to the heavens about.."are you serious!?! You cannot be serious?!?  50 minutes of painful to watch and listen to ego boxing in the literary ring...

And ONLY 6 MINUTES! With Toni Morrison!?!   -that is a sad story on top of an already very sad story...    Clearly they did not consult me..

-successful however, this movie, in introducing me to authors, books I would otherwise not know. ..and intriguing (me!).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home