Thursday, June 06, 2013

"I DIDN'T FORGET! IT WON'T COME OUT!" by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I have a picture to capture this experience and will upload it when I can get to the computer that will let me. This one doesn't. Anyway. Let me describe it: I filled a clear glass with water. I took a straw and put a knot in it and then placed it in the glass of water. The point I'm trying to make, is that a lot of times when I say, 'I can't remember'. In actuality I can. I do remember! It's in there... The knowledge.. The experience, etc and whatever... But it can't find a path out. I'm reading Prague winter write now... Madeleine Albrights bio.. Her story IS in me.. I do know... Internally the info, the summary, the synopsis of what I've read... It is not -forgotten. But if someone asked me to reiterate what I've read... It feels exactly like the water in the glass with a straw that has a knot... It can't find a path. If I struggle long enough most that will happen is the glass gets knocked over... Spills out all over the place. Makes a mess that needs cleaned up.. But if I go back.. Slowly.. If I write it vs. Speak it... I have the opportunity to untangle the knot and get a chance to see vs. Hear the information stuck inside. -so, don't ask me about Prague winter... I can't verbalize it. But eventually I will write about it... And speaking of PRAGUE... I dream now of getting married there... And getting my hummingbird tattoo... Where?... "going for the nectar"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home