Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BEAUTIFUL MEDITATIONS/POWERFUL PASSAGES for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Sent to me by my beautiful co-worker friend, Priscilla: Matthew 10:16. "Look! I am sending you forth as sheep amidst wolves; therefore prove yourself cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.". Love that! What a mixed message Christians receive! Love people, but be cautious as a serpent... Innocent and cautious. Practice good yourself, while remaining aware not everyone around you is exercising the same... Any day is a great day to pray for the gift of discernment, yes.. ***. And I am re- reading psalm 139 and meditating on what feels like a great truth for me...that I am known inside and out.. Before my birth, after this earthLy life, in all circumstances; in advance.. Known and loved. And share here a most beautiful vision I had at church this past Sunday. pastor mike spoke on the power of words to hurt or heal... Did some wonderful comedic skits which captured how we all say things... Or these days, type and send things, we wish we could take back... And for me, it's rare I'm going to say or type something intentionally hurtful, malicious.. But, I do say things which reveal my insecurities and then I'm filled with regret... Sometimes because I'm just embarrassed I'm not as confident as I wish I was; or hope to appear. And sometimes, because I've learned how people will use your insecurities against you.. And not just enemies or jealous people.. Friends/family.. People who care. So, I'll say something revealing and then be like, damn! I just handed that person an ace to play against me! And within a few days or weeks.. It's is played against me. Trial and error... Learning when to keep my mouth shut. Anyway... All this leads to a most beautiful meditation... For a long time now, I have visualizations, I'll call -cast your cares. And in them, I handwrite my cares, one by one on sheets of paper, place them all on a silver platter and then hand the platter up to God. This allows me to go on about my day carefree even though I'm surrounded with issues and problems and struggles... Very effective! And so, on this past Sunday, when pastor mike spoke about words... And I thought about my regrets..in my visualization, A kind of necklace of individual metal letters, spelling, I N S E C U R I T Y appeared, and it cascaded itself on the silver platter and I handed the silver platter up to God... God took the I and the N and then handed the silver platter back to me. -what could I do but smile and say thank you. -confidence.. It is like water in a bathtub with a broken plug for me... In one moment, if you look.. I'm filled with it... But stick around and it kind of slowly leaks out... Too slow to notice immediately, but look again later... It's gone. The tub is empty. I need someone to turn on the faucet and fill me back up again. Someone to fix the plug... And I leap here to my ultimate spiritual goal. -peace and confidence 100% of everyday under every circumstance. To be in a place where no thing and no person and no crises, steals my peace or confidence. No thing said or written upsets or even interruptes my peace and confidence. Utter and complete trust in God and Gods plan for me. and so appreciated hearing this most valuable lesson again recently: do not allow yourself to be controlled by things you have no control over. oh! Applying this one... Living this out in day to day life... Mountain with a peace peak and magnificent view!

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger SHE said...

From memory again: love, joy, peace, patience

Kindness, goodness, gentleness,

Faithfulness and self control.


"confidence is not a fruit of the spirit!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home