Tuesday, May 15, 2012

LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX by (me!) sandra, tvgp

the last thing I remember stealing     /besides a few hearts, that is; is this page out of a magazine:

***

the following, "couldn't resist" is an encore posting from december 2006. let me tell what trigged its memory...
my daughter in her current health/sex education class

now,

they are learning all the same things we ever did.. female/male reproductive systems.. anatomy 101... all about sexually transmitted diseases.. preventing unplanned pregnancies.. all about every kind of birth control, abstinence.. etc.

but then she did shock me with this one: she told me, her health teacher went as far as to tell the students.. in particular, the male students, something like this.. "and important to know about the woman's clitoris -you don't stimulate the woman through penetration.."

and i'm like.. "he talked about that too?! -they never mentioned that during my sex ed classes," i told her, "hallelujah!"

'cuz sometimes i think entire generations of women were ripped off..
and i'm happy we're educating our children -our young adults, on more than just the dangers.

there are the pleasures! too

and let me be first to admit.. i still have to pray on it.. "Jesus," i say.. "what does it even really look like? a holy, happy, glorious, blessed sex life?"

-certainly i don't see it on tv, or hear about it in music lyrics..

it all looks/sounds too.. recreational sport, or void of love...

i won't pretend to know the answer for everyone -but the answer for me includes: monogamy; love; faithfulness; trustworthiness, mutual respect; mutual pleasure; adventure and fun.

anyway.. brought to mind this post from '06:

Thursday, December 21, 2006
COULDN'T RESIST! (me!) sandra, ttgp

so went today to get a fresh coat of paint. this is the only time i indulge my senses inside the pages of men's health magazine because.. well, it's there. and i have to do something for 45 minutes. - so i'm flipping through real slow like, looking at all these healthy, fit, tan young male creatures in nothing but their sexy underwear and it is so obvious that their bodies are very real and not airbrushed; those bare rippled stomachs and strong, defined muscular arms, full lips, bedroom eyes, run-your-fingers-through-my-hair-and-dare-me-jaw-lines.

and don't tell, but i couldn't resist. there was no way i could remember on my own, and no pencil or pad of paper around. so real quiet. real calm and cool like.

when no one was looking or paying any attention, i tugged just a little, and very gently on this one page.

and before i had a chance to change my mind, wouldn't you just know, the whole page came out of the magazine, practically by itself! it tore so easily and quietly, it was like it wanted to come out. i swear.

and is it really stealing or considered property damage when my goals are this altruistic?

and as you will see they really are. ironically, on page 45, there is a stupid advertisement that reads: turn the page. nothing to see here.

and what a lie, because on the next page there IS something to see kinda it's a digital image of a naked lady (and as usual she's been decapitated on account of your limited imaginations) and in white text with a red background (dec issue/2006) it reads: a woman is far less likely to reach orgasm during a one night stand than with a long-term partner. And her frequency of orgasm is at its highest in the second year of a relationship.

this my friends, is what i call an emergency! 9, fuckin' 11. who has two years? you could die, like, right now reading this.. there is no time to waste!

then i read on: it says, how she likes it: the more exclusive attention she gets, the more likely she'll reach orgasm. (oh, who is the editor here?!? we don't need attention -we need vibrations!)

and then, most importantly, this! the journal of sex research report card. now pay attention here. i'm copying directly from the page that accidentally fell out of the magazine

techniques/percentage of women who reach orgasm.

manual and oral stimulation/90%
manual and oral stimulation, and vaginal intercourse/86%
manual stimulation only/79%
oral stimulation and vaginal intercourse/73%
manual stimulation and vaginal intercourse/71%
vaginal intercourse only/50%

-NOW- i notice two things right away when i scan this 1) there is no 100% 2) there is no mention of a vibrator

and i'm suggesting (or arguing, depending on my mood) that there just might be what research scientists, lawyers, doctors and bloggers refer to as a correlation.

why settle for 90% when you can achieve 100?

and women.. why on earth would you waste two precious, irretrievable years? orgasms are very important to your over-all health and well-being. they knock apples right off the chart.

you don't need a long term relationship or manual stimulation.. just an outlet and a long cord. and then, watch how we increase those stats during what will no doubt be a very very happy, healthy new year ") "gears!"

posted by she @ 6:32 PM

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Er, the clit thing? I would NOT want my kids hearing that in a public school health ed class. I do believe kids need to be educated, but there's a time and place, and to me, a co-ed school classroom with a male teacher whom I do not know talking about where to stimulate a woman is not cool. In fact, I might even think, "Pedophile?" I know we have different beliefs on this, and I completely respect yours! I just wouldn't be comfortable with it. Then again, I'm not so thrilled with Victoria Secret plastering half naked models in their display windows in malls. Yeah, in some ways, I guess I can be a prude, but it has more to do with how women are viewed. While it's good to put sexuality in a positive light, there are ways to go about it, but I don't think as a society we have quite hit the mark yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home